X

tire mounting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tire mounting

how much should i expect to pay to get the front and back tire mounted? i just don't want to get totally ripped when i bring it down to the local shop. thanks
    92 GSXF600
    91GSX(the 4 wheel version)

I think the price varies from shop to shop so call around. Also most places are cheaper if you just bring in the rims and the new tires.
    Kyle

Comment

If you take them the wheels off the bike urself and just take them with the new tires to the shop, you will probably end up paying anywhere from 70-85$...thru my experience

Comment

tire mounting

I took mine in off bike front and back and paid 70.00.Mounted and balanced.
        Im not a carburetor guru.

Comment

Taking wheels in , I paid about $20 per wheel last time (normal cost is $25 per wheel) . Though I tipped the tech $5 , and usually tip him SOMETHING if I have to go there , so they always seem to cut me a small break , which I give back to them in tip form ! Wow , unless the prices you guys have posted so far are form THEM taking the wheels off and putting them back on , I'd say it sucks to be yous guys .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

yea i really don't have anyway to take my wheels off because i don't have a bike stand or jack or anything so it looks like i'll be paying the big bucks
            92 GSXF600
            91GSX(the 4 wheel version)

Comment

Ouch you guys are getting bent over .

Most shops up here are $25 or so a wheel off the bike, and that's in Canadian $$. The prices you guys are posting are what the shops charge is you bring the bike in and they have to do the extra work taking the tires off the bike and putting them back on.
              Kyle

Comment

Cycle Gear does them (off the bike) for $20, $5 balancing

BTW, if you buy them there.....it's like $5 done...

Comment

tire mounting

some places i went to didnt want anything to do with tires I didnt buy from THEM.Go figure Money is money
                  Im not a carburetor guru.

Comment

I always buy my car tires from the same place. I have been for the last 4-5 years. The last time I was in there was this spring to get new summer tires. The owner must recognize me quite well now because he saw me through the glass that seperates the shop from the office. He sticks his head through the door and tells the guy behind the counter to give me the best price possible cuz I am a good customer. It felt kinda cool cuz there was like 5-6 other customers standing there, and I am sure they were jealous. Anyway, if I walk in with my rims and tires, it cost me $15 for both wheels. Basically I am just paying for the "Equal" that they use. If any of you remember, I posted on KP about using this stuff. I am still using it...and still loving it. I could change my own tires, but it would cost me $10 for the Equal anyway, so for $5 more I just let them do it.
                    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

$27 a piece mounted & blanced with them off the bike.....
                      '07 SV1000S
                      Power Commander III USB
                      M4/Yosh Ti Full Race Exhaust
                      Driven 520 chain kit
                      Spiegler SS Brake & Clutch lines

Comment

Standard labor rate..starting charging from the minute they start to the minute they stop..bout 70.00 total for an hours work or so.

Comment

Bought a new rear tire last weekend for the hubby's bike at Cycle Gear. We took the wheel to them and paid $ 14.99 for the mount and balance. PS - Their tire prices are pretty fair and they carry a large in-store inventory.
                          ~ Lisa
                          2005 CBR 600RR (nicely modified)
                          2005 CBR 600RR Track Toy "Frank"

My motorcycle, my dogs (Piper & Capone - the Pet Bulls) and a cold beer ... what more could a girl ask for???

www.austinsbr.com and www.txsbr.com

Comment

Working...
                          X