Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxxis tire?

front

rear

any help would be great. should I change size? I want the bike to sit lower,,I'm short.

Masshole in Az! -teaches pet-

sorry link didn't work. Will try again, but I suck at this.
    JFR-

Comment

Links are fixed now, but they dont take you to the products you are trying to show us. Looks like the site is having issues now.

Comment

IMHO: Maxxis is still a chen shin company. That means their basic carcass formulation may leave quite a bit to be desired, even if they have finally gotten around to making radial tires for bikes (they had bias-based tires for the longest) and improving the arc designs from their previous tires I've tried.

You've got 1500 members on this board testing tires for you... use the knowledge: go with the Pirelli's or Metzeler's and you can't go wrong. Go with the Avons and you won't regret it either...

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Go with Dunlop 208's and your a*s will slide around like it's on ice when you try to launch it at the track on a cool night...... GGRRRR!
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I can get a deal of these tires from the maxxis rep at my work (real cheap), They put these same tires on the gixxer 750 project bike in super streetbike magazine.I'm talking $120 a set.If they suck I will let you guys know, Hope they will handle good for someone coming off a cbrf4.

Comment

Well just too let you guys know, My tires are dried out with many cracks big time so the cheaper the better for me. The bikes not on the road yet and all I can save now is better.The bike has sat in a police officer's garage the last four years( his wife is made him sell it!) carbs were all f-up but t I hope I fixed that. JFR

Comment

I have the maxxis promax on my 96 kat 600 and they are awesome. great wet traction great street dry traction. I have not had the bike on the track so dont know about that. But overall for a inexpensive tire they are awesome

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484
                  Go with Dunlop 208's and your a*s will slide around like it's on ice when you try to launch it at the track on a cool night...... GGRRRR!
                  I'm on my 4th set of 208's and they take a while to warm up, especially when it's cold out. But when they do, (and in the summer) they are really, really sticky. I love 'em.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm riding Michelin's Pilot for the rear. I moved up to a wider tire 170/60/R17 and you can feel the difference form a mile away. Much better handling, cornering, stability and look a lot more aggresive!!

Comment

Originally posted by panisse
                      I'm riding Michelin's Pilot for the rear. I moved up to a wider tire 170/60/R17 !!
                      is that size right i thought the biggest was 160/60/17 that would fit on the 98+
                      it would not be any fun if it was easy! but does it have to be this much fun!!
                      Give A Person Expetations To Live Up To Not to A Reputition To Live Down !!

Comment

Originally posted by ghelper
                        Originally posted by panisse
                        I'm riding Michelin's Pilot for the rear. I moved up to a wider tire 170/60/R17 !!
                        is that size right i thought the biggest was 160/60/17 that would fit on the 98+
                        What will fit, and what will mount safely under all conditions are not the same. Some manufacturers make 170's that will fit, and at least one (Avon) makes a 170 that is actually designed to fit onto a 4.5" rim. Always check the manufacturer recommendation for fitment sizes.

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

At $120 the set I wouldn't call it a deal, look here:

$180 can get you a much nicer set of Metzeler Roadtec Z6! For 60 bucks more it is well worth it, 60 bucks more = no more unknown brand tires.
                          Ich lebe mein Tod, Tag für Tag!

Willkommen zu meiner Welt...

Comment

i like the way the maxxis look and from what ive read they are great tires i see htem more and more now, but im still gonna stick with my metzler m1 sporttech, what i got on the kat and what i got for my buddys f4i, LOVE EM

Comment

M1s = overkill on the street. They wear way too fast and you can't really get to use their traction on the street

Damn, even Z6s are good for the track!

But well, being peace of mind a critical factor when riding, you should get the tires you feel more comfortable with.
                              Ich lebe mein Tod, Tag für Tag!

Willkommen zu meiner Welt...

Comment

Working...
                              X