X

E-bay Suzuki Katana 1100 Michelin Motorcycle Tires - NEW

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-bay Suzuki Katana 1100 Michelin Motorcycle Tires - NEW

looks like NOS leftovers but a good deal for us forgotten 1100 owners thoughts? Is this like mixxing and matching?

Michelin Motorcycle Tires
    William the Wild1
    Red 1992 1100 only dumped once by a little old lady, in 7K miles

Personally, I think there are far (FAR) better tires out there than the Macadam 100X series, and wouldn't buy an A89X if my life depended on it (because my life would depend on it -- and it's an old tire that's been out of production for quite some time).

All tires contain VOC's in their carcasses that keep the rubber elastic and pliable. Over time, those VOC's evaporate out, causing the rubber to harden and loose many desirable qualities as a result. All major manufacturers recommend never purchasing nor using a tire that is more than 5 years old for this reason -- and I recommend never buying a new tire more than two years old for the same basic reason.

In this case, the seller said the tires have been sitting in a "cool, dry warehouse" -- dry means faster VOC evaporation (although cool is good).

You may be hard pressed to find 16" tires, but I'm sure they are out there to be found... just hit all the manufacturer sites until you find what you need in terms of fitment, then find someone selling them.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks you sumed up why I did not bid, I could not find any info on A89X.Do bike tires have the build date molded in like car tires?

Long term plan to maybe upgrade to later swing arm and wheels is that a good idea? Thanks for all the help
      William the Wild1
      Red 1992 1100 only dumped once by a little old lady, in 7K miles

Comment

Originally posted by Wild1_Robertson
        Thanks you sumed up why I did not bid, I could not find any info on A89X.Do bike tires have the build date molded in like car tires?
        Yes, they do.

Originally posted by Wild1_Robertson
        Long term plan to maybe upgrade to later swing arm and wheels is that a good idea? Thanks for all the help
        I would think so if you are still running on 16 inchers... Ask around about who has already done it on their 1100...

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
        X