X

180/55-17

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 180/55-17

I know that 170/60-17 have been used, how tight is the fit? I'm wondering if I can shoehorn on a 180/55-17 rear? Reason being that many race scrubs are available in that size, and having had very good experience with scrubs on my Ninja I'd like to go the same route on the Kat. Never mind lecturing me on the pros and cons of fatter tires. That's what they said about the ninja too and only when I went up 10mm in front and 20mm in rear did the bike come alive. It might take more muscle to lean over a bigger tire but I found that the rounder profile made the bike more stable and made for a smoother transition between the wear strip and the edges.
    Ciao,
    Sean
    Adrenaline makes me the way I am.

uhh im thinking not, you MIGHT be able to get it on but i dont think ill work bro why not do a gsxr swing arm swap ....

Comment

If you want take-offs, find them from race SVs. They will be 160s.

Race take-offs are horrible on the street. You'll never get them to a decent temp where they'll actually grip...
      -Steve

Comment

Hey thanks for the tip there seems to be lots of SV sets with 160 rears on eBay.
        I had a Dunlop D208 GP F 120/70-17 on the front of my ninja and that thing would get nice and toasty, it'd even pick up the texture of the pavement when I'd stop in an older parking lot. I always had leaves and pebbles stuck to the tire when I'd drive in the g/f's driveway.
        Maybe the dunlop is more street oriented???
        Ciao,
        Sean
        Adrenaline makes me the way I am.

Comment

Working...
        X