X

From Macadams to ME Z6 radials

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Macadams to ME Z6 radials

Well I put about 2200 miles on my bike since I bought it with 106 miles on it (used but like new). I bought a set of Metzeler Z6 tires for it on the advice of some of the members here, most notably CP.

Well, I've put just a tick over 40 miles on them so far, and wow what a difference. I can't really speak to the actualy level of grip they will afford as they aren't fully broken in yet, but there is a huge difference in response.

With the stock tires, the steering was extremely heavly at slow speeds. I could make a u-turn but it was difficult, and I usually ended up in the outside lane when there were 2 lanes on each side. With the new z6 tires, I can easily zip a u-turn and stay in the inside lane every time without even trying. The bike doesn't need to be wrestled around anymore at low speeds, it just kinds goes where I look, just like it should.

Amazingly, the bike feels much lighter. I don't know why, but that's how it is. They give me a great feeling of confidence, where the stock tires made me want to always slow down and take it easy. I guess that is a good tire for a new rider, because it makes you stay well within the limits of the bike... But, I like the feeling of confidence that the new rubber gives.

So anyway, Just wanted to let everyone who was thinking about it know that this is the best $320 I've ever spent on the bike. Tires were $250 shipped from motorcyclesuperstore.com, and a local shop mounted them (on the bike) for $70.

I couldn't be more happy.

On another note, I have a perfectly good set of slightly used Stock Michelins for sale. If anyone needs a reasonably good set of tires for easy riding that will last a long time, PM me and we can talk. Make a reasonable offer?

what size are they, pm me
    sigpic

Go Buckeyes !!!

Comment

Working...
    X