X

Katana rear tire!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana rear tire!

I would love to know if anyone can recommend a larger size rear tire to fit on my Katana rim. I would prefer that over having a new swing arm fabricated to accomidate a lager tire.

Dude, thats an awesome looking Kat.. I had to post the pic up in this thread!! Post up and once you reach atleast 50 posts, Im sure somebody will nominate you for KOTM !!

anyhow, about the rear tire, you can safely as high as a 160 on the rear, lots of people do it, although others argue that at 150 is safer, and some have gone as big as 170 but not many.... Either way, if your looking for a particular brand name, Metzler is quite popular on here (shown below), as is the diablos.

Comment

Nice bike

Comment

Actually, on the 98+ Kats, you can go to a 170. I recently noticed.. ok, Boner noticed that I had a 170-60-17 on the back. He noticed because I was gona give him my tires when I got new ones if he could not afford them at the time.

So 170 is the biggest you can go. Some may argue that with that wide of a tire, you will have problems getting it leaned and what not. I have not noticed any problems with leaning at all, but I am not as a proficiant riders in the twisites as some here.
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

some say that w/ a 160 on the back, you'd have the same problems with handling, but most everybody that has a 160 has had zero problems with it.

and if Lou says he does ok on a 170, then take it to the bank! he's used to draggin to a knee, he's so tall he drags it all the time

Comment

That is one sweet a$$ looking Kat! I also see a future KOTM.

Comment

Great Looking Kat!!!!!!!!!
              The 160 is all the tire you will ever need.
              Anything larger would just be a waste of money.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Here is a pic of my rear with the 170, fender chopped, and no plate mounted.

We got the bike running,and rode it to the exhaust shop to get it mounted, and realized once we got to the exhaust shop that we had forgot to mount the plate
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

good thing the local popo's didnt notice either

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed
                    good thing the local popo's didnt notice either
                    I would have had Corey bribe the officer with promises of candy and luv'N.
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

I went with the Avon 160 and I absolutely love it.

Comment

Working...
                      X