X

Need Serious Insight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Serious Insight.

I have an 89 Kat 600....I have a 93 Gixxer swingarm on it with an 18" Gixxer rim running a 170 on it. I just picked up a set of gunmetal gixer wheels 6x17 rear and 3.5x17 front. I'm gonna strip and polish the super light wheels. I want to run the 180 on the rear, would that be the recommended size for that width? Someone told me I could even do a low pro 190 but I'm not sure about that..... I am truely looking for insight on which would be better for that size wheel
    Go Hard or Go Home

190 is the typical tire size for a 6" rim, but you should have no problems mounting anything from a 180-200. Now whether they will fit on the bike or not is a different question.
    Pics
    Pics
    No pics yet
    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Why would you want, much less need, a tire that wide on a 600 Kat? You'll slow the steering to a crawl.

Comment

Originally posted by GregS View Post
        Why would you want, much less need, a tire that wide on a 600 Kat? You'll slow the steering to a crawl.

I have a gixxer arm on it already that will compliment the width, I'm not going to roll on a skinny kat rim and tire that has loads of space in there.....hahahah How fast do you corner in the city? Me personally, I'm in no hurry and I want my fighter to be set apart from other KatFighter bikes. Besides in my city I will have the ONLY Kat Fighter. Handling is not compromised like most people think....most of what I'm trying to do is personal preference besides she will be getting a new motor soon enough
        Last edited by Yogi37; 07-25-2008, 08:01 AM.
        Go Hard or Go Home

Comment

Working...
        X