Katana 1100 Tires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana 1100 Tires

Ok 1100 owners,

I couldn't find anything on the forum for the big Kat.
    Seems most of the population likes the Diablo or the M6.
    Those tires aren't available in a 16", so it seems my altenatives
    are as follow.

Pirelli =

Sport Demon
    MT66

Metzler =

Lasertec
    ME22
    ME88

What do you like, is there any other alternatives.

Thanks for the help!!!!
    'Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose and sometimes it rains" !

fr 120/80v/16 r 150/80v16 this is for the guide in back on the dennis kirk catalog
    "LOOK EARL ITS KARMA'S ARMY MADE UP OF THE PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD"

Comment

What about Avon AV45-ST front and AV46-ST rear? I haven't used Avons, but other have had good things to say about them. They also have a tire warranty.

Avon has a fitment guide here.

Comment

I will look at the avons also, thanks

Where's my 1100 guys, Mojoe anyone

Dennis Kirk is a little pricey compared to
        others, thanks for the site, I like the closeout
        section.
        'Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose and sometimes it rains" !

Comment

16 inch Blues

There is also the Dunlop GT501 / GT501F combo I have on my 93 1100
          No real issues, but the brake feel is less than desired.
          The Avon ST 45 / 46 if you can find them
          I am still looking for the difference between a rim for Radial tires and one for Bias.
          but there are options for tires
          Its not the speed of life that kills you - It's that sudden stop at the end

Comment

Michelin M100X is another option.
            93 1100....big kitty!

Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it...

Comment

Originally posted by Steveb
              Michelin M100X is another option.
              Which is commonly thought of as a "less than adequate" tire for semi-sporty riding .....
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Guy who sold a Kat 1100 on ebay not long ago had changed to Bandit wheels so he could use modern sport bike rubbr. I messaged him thru ebay and he told me it was an easy swap.
                "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB
                  Guy who sold a Kat 1100 on ebay not long ago had changed to Bandit wheels so he could use modern sport bike rubbr.
                  "Modern" like HOW ? Size maybe ? All you gotta do to use "modern" rubber is stick the tire on there .

Comment

Yes, size.
                    "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                      Guy who sold a Kat 1100 on ebay not long ago had changed to Bandit wheels so he could use modern sport bike rubbr.
                      "Modern" like HOW ? Size maybe ? All you gotta do to use "modern" rubber is stick the tire on there .
                      Probably referring to using 17inch tires in common sizes...... Nobody is really focusing R&D on 16inch tires these days, I don't believe.
                      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Re: 16 inch Blues

Originally posted by docbarlow
                        I am still looking for the difference between a rim for Radial tires and one for Bias.
                        The only difference in terms of mounting is widths for the mounting lip of the tire -- bias tires normally have a thicker mounting lip segment on the tire than radial tires. You can use an appropriately sized radial in place of a tubeless bias tire on any bike that takes tubeless bias tires -- if you can find the radials in the right size/weight-load rating/speed rating combo.

Some fitment engines for you (reposted)

Originally posted by linaresmta
                        i have a 89 kat 1100 with a 130/80 rear tire. anyone know whats the original size or a wider tire that I cant use?
                        Although I don't know what the OEM tire sizes were for your bike, most of the tire companies have online fitment engines (think databases) that will match your bike to their tire offerings.

Dunlop Fitment Robot (pretty cool, UK site)

Metzeler Fitment Database

Pirelli Motorcycle Fitment Database

(some of you may notice the Metzeler and Pirelli databases look identical -- it's because Metzeler handles all of Pirelli's motorcycle tire production and back-end, including their databases.

Avon (Cooper) Motorcycle Tire Fitment Database -- Note Avon is owned by Cooper, which is owned by Continental.

Bridgestone Fitment guide (just a chart, not a database)

Michelin Website (Fitment database you have to drill-down to)

Conti, Maxxis don't appear to have a fitment databases or cross-references online that I've found.

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484
                          Originally posted by md86
                          Probably referring to using 17inch tires in common sizes...... Nobody is really focusing R&D on 16inch tires these days, I don't believe.
                          Oh , I'm a dumb-ass . I totally forgot about them having 16"ers .

Comment

Working...
                          X