X

Continental contiForce tire review!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continental contiForce tire review!

I must say I was skeptical when I purchsed these tires, in 120/60zr17, and 160/60zr17. Because I hadnt seen or heard any reviews for them.

But now I am a continental fan!! This set of tires are the best set (so far) I have owned. I hadnt got to ride on them till yesterday and man what a ride. I rode easy the first 20 miles or so, for they were alittle slick from the factory. But after that it was railing bliss. The tires have EXCELLENT feed back. You can tell exactly what the tires are doing, always. They warmed up really quickly and stuck all the way through the corners....scraped the pegs a few times!!! I cant say anything as of yet about longevity, but I have heard they last a good while. My bike rides 100% better than before ( I know alot has to do with new tires)but I have had many new sets of tires from bridgestone to dunlops and I have never been so confident in a tire choice as these. Once I felt that they were telling me everyting they were doing, my confidence level went through the roof!

I cant say enough about these tires. If anyone is skeptical, as I was, about getting these tires. Take it from me, you willnot be disappointed!!
    I will later tell you guys about wear but I cant now. Untill then, happy Railing!!

BTW...I got them @ www.tiresunlimited.com I think it was like $192 shipped to my door... and it took only 3 days to get them...

Todd
    Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PitBull-

I have the same tires on my Kat. I love them too. Mine is a 93 so I am running the 150/60 in the rear. I have been told that they have a pretty long life, but like you I have not had them very long. Time will tell.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Any pictures?
      Bike is sold

Comment

You can see good pics of the tires if you follow the link in PitBull's first post, just look for the Continental Conti-Force Sport Radials.

If you are looking for a pic of them on the bike, just let us know. I know I have a pretty good pic of them on the bike.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
        who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Originally posted by Court93Kat
          You can see good pics of the tires if you follow the link in PitBull's first post, just look for the Continental Conti-Force Sport Radials.

If you are looking for a pic of them on the bike, just let us know. I know I have a pretty good pic of them on the bike.
          Thanks
          Bike is sold

Comment

Hey Spedee I will get a pic of them tommorrow, and try to post it up. Ive never posted a pic on here so bear with me. But Ill get it up tommorrow!!
            Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I like the looks of the Continental Road Attack tires. Grip of a sport tire, longevity of a tour tire, and supposed to have excellent wet traction. Maybe I will give those a try, time to get new tires anyway.
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Formerly a 30 years ago the Conti's were the better tyres, I must admit in those days there wasn't a great choice in tyres and comparing those tyres to a modern tyre is comparing apples to pebbles (not oranges )
                But I've heard the same sounds overhere too allready, people state the new Conti's are super.
                So keep us posted blkpitbull!

Btw nice doggy bro

Comment

I will keep you guys posted on the longevity of the tires
                  And I forgot batteries for my camera, so Spedee I will try to remember them tommorrow. Sorry!!

Hey Kwebbel that is a beautiful dog you have. How old is she/he???
                  I hope my dog gets that big.....She is only nine months, and was only 6 months in the avitar pic. But daum you dog is thick. My dogs dad was really low and thick like that, but her mom was taller, but still thick...Sorry this is not a dog site. But I love your dog!!

Comment

Originally posted by blkpitbull
                    Hey Kwebbel that is a beautiful dog you have. How old is she/he???
                    I hope my dog gets that big.....She is only nine months, and was only 6 months in the avitar pic. But daum you dog is thick. My dogs dad was really low and thick like that, but her mom was taller, but still thick...Sorry this is not a dog site. But I love your dog!!
                    /offtopic (sorry mods)

All kind of dogs on this site blkpitbull so that won't be a problem.
                    Bandit is 8 1/2 years old, as you can see he is in great shape, I hope you mean thick as being muscular he is dry like a cork.
                    Some data, English Staffordshire Bullterrier, 43cm shoulderheight, 32 kg's, very very gentle to people,especially children, non-agressive but he will react (like Taz) on agression towards him.
                    He exercises average 4 hours every day, walking in the woods, running after a ball, swimming upstream in the (fastflowing) river, hanging in trees (never learned him) and chewing thick branches.
                    Combine that with good care and feed the dog "with your eyes" and you'll get a healthy muscular dog. (however a bitch won't develop like a male)

Comment

Really nice looking dog, I will have to post some pics of our animals.
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

I almost went to work for Continental/TVi Europe as a VP once...

I haven't ridden on their tires in eons (and on a Shadow 750 at that), and so I can't comment about these. The old ones were pretty hard, lasted a long time, didn't provide as much feedback as I would have liked (but didn't slide easily either). I guess I'll have to add them to the next time I do a tire comparo

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Re: Continental contiForce tire review!

Originally posted by blkpitbull
                          I must say I was skeptical when I purchsed these tires, in 120/60zr17, and 160/60zr17. Because I hadnt seen or heard any reviews for them.

But now I am a continental fan!! This set of tires are the best set (so far) I have owned.
                          What have you owned before?
                          "Of what is significant in one's own existence one is hardly aware, and it certainly should not bother the other fellow. What does a fish know about the water in which he swims all his life?" -- Einstein

sadrik
                          00 Blue VFR800, '99 Blue Katana 750

Comment

I have had ( as new sets) Dunlop 208zr; great tires but warmup took forever and the front was pointy(tall) and like to follow the groves in the road, and wore out really quick.. Bridgestone battleax 020; these were good tires but didnt feel as confortable on them. michelin pilot road; these tires used to be my favorite. great tires and wear. good feedback. But for the price the contiforce's are( in my opinion) better than these........Im sure im forgetting a set!

Ive took tha pics but struggling on getting them up!

Comment

I bought the Conti force sports and I am loving them... I'm up to 2k miles on them now and they are wearing great! I had the dunlop 205's and they were just ok from a handling standpoint but they got incredible milage, like7k. The continentals seem to stick better and if I get 5 or 6K out of them I'll definately buy them again. The best part is I got them for $156 installed!!!! I just had to balance them.

Comment

Working...
                              X