No announcement yet.
X

Continental contiForce tire review!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got mine on. Now I just have to wait for the snow and ice to melt off the road, a rain storm to get all the sand and salt washed away, and a couple days over 35 degs.
    Mounting costs are definately interesting. Went to the local Suz-HD dealer $50 a tire on or off the bike. The Suz dealer an hr away 50 rear off and 35 front off. Then the second closest a Yamaha dealer, 30 or 35 (cant remember which) rear off and 15 front off. I just dont get the price difference.
    sigpic

Comment

Congrats on your tires! You will love em!
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

can i ask what these are like in the colder months?

out temps here are not as luxurious as yours, and wondered if they are worth considdering in colder climates?

Comment

Originally posted by AKA AllyKat View Post
          Finally got mine on. Now I just have to wait for the snow and ice to melt off the road, a rain storm to get all the sand and salt washed away, and a couple days over 35 degs.
          Mounting costs are definately interesting. Went to the local Suz-HD dealer $50 a tire on or off the bike. The Suz dealer an hr away 50 rear off and 35 front off. Then the second closest a Yamaha dealer, 30 or 35 (cant remember which) rear off and 15 front off. I just dont get the price difference.
          Do a little studying and mount them yourself . It's not TERRIBLY hard . Just need to know a couple tricks to make it a little easier .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

nxt set maybe. Im pretty good with vehicle mechanics but working on an mc is a new experience. So im taking it slow an learning as I go. As for dis/re mounting the tires I get that but how do you balance them? I haven seen a home tool for that.
            sigpic

Comment

Don't need a tool . Just slip the axle back through , but get the brakes out of the way . SPin the wheel gently , and wait for it to stop . Somewhat time-consuming , but I watched a shop do it the same way on their balancing rig .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by mac.g View Post
                can i ask what these are like in the colder months?

out temps here are not as luxurious as yours, and wondered if they are worth considdering in colder climates?

Luxurious temps here in New England? You are a funny guy!

They Conti's do fine on the cold roads here.
                "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

Comment

I just ordered a set of Road Attacks 120/70/17 and 150/70/17 for my 1996. I will let you know how I like them.

$213.90 Shipped from ride direct.
                  Last edited by mrphotoman; 12-27-2007, 02:12 PM.

www.WVstreets.com

Comment

KS what size tire are you running back and fronts? And there are the Conti road force.

Originally posted by KatanaSoldier View Post
                    Luxurious temps here in New England? You are a funny guy!

They Conti's do fine on the cold roads here.

Comment

OEM sizes of 150/70ZR17 Rear and 120/70ZR17 front. I have the Contiforce. and could not be happier with them

Here is the thread of where I bought them from.
                      If it has to do with tires & wheels, then you're in the right place.
                      Best tire for a Katana? What's the tread life on a particular brand ? Size of a stock rim?
                      Chains & Sprockets? These questions and so much more are addressed right here !

Comment

I vaguely recall reading somewhere that you can actually get away with 170/70R17's in the back.. or am I recalling wrong?

D.

Comment

of course you can get away with it, but it's not as safe
                          myspace
                          2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

I just put on a ContiSport Attack 160/60zr17 on the rear and love it. I was dragging pegs at my M.S.F Experienced Rider Course the next week, "had to show off for the Harley guys". I plan on getting the matching front this spring.

Comment

Originally posted by kwebbel View Post
                              ...Bandit is 8 1/2 years old...
                              So, you ride a Kat, and have a dog named Bandit?

Well, I used to ride a Bandit, and I have cats...

Originally posted by KatanaSoldier View Post
                              ... but these things make you feel like you can stick to anything!
                              Look! Up on that window wall! It's... FLYMAN! He can stick to anything!
                              Last edited by StevieB; 02-06-2008, 08:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                              "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Spider Kat, Spider Kat, Does whatever a spider Kat does...
                                myspace
                                2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Working...
                                X