X

Conti Road Attacks (Review)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conti Road Attacks (Review)

Lets just say... I'm a very NEW rider.. I was scared to death on my bike, especially in the curves.. The bike had the factory OEM Dunlop D205 Sportmax tires but for me they didn't feel like they grabbed. So after much debate I decided I was getting new tires.. I looked at the Z6, Pilot Powers and the Road Attacks.. I decided on the Road Attacks..

All I can say is HOLY COW! I am more confident and comfortable on my bike.. These tires are amazing.. None the less I had 0 fear riding home on new tires. I was told how slick they were and that if I wasn't careful I'd fall. I didn't have one problem.

One issue I had with the Dunlops was starting the lean.. It felt like I had to fight the bike like a MotoGP does at 160mph in a S Curve.. I didn't like that.. I'm talking normal curves at 40 mph just driving.. Not dragging a knee! After I put the Conti's on, coming home it was night and day. My baby leans with minimal input and she feels extra stable!

If you question what tires to get.. I at the moment praise Conti Road Attacks!

I'll have more of a review after sunday when I go on the long bike ride.. So far the 15 miles I put on it, well worth every dollar I spent!

Maybe the profile of the Contis are differnt than the 205's...
    My only experience w/ dunlops were the one's we used on the wife's ZZR... 207's, I think (they too were the OEM tires, though the front was a 120/65)

we then switched to 208's and they were good enough at Deal's Gap last year... I rode the ZZR only once out there and they did really well...

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

While the new tires inspire confidence (and I am glad, just make sure to get them worn in before attempting to ride aggressive), some of the leaning issues with the old tires may be from being 'squared off'.

This happens when you ride a lot on straight roads (highways, freeways, etc) and are not leaning much.

I noticed the exact same feeling when I replaced my tires with new ones. All of a sudden, my bike leaned with much less effort.

I'm not sure if my theory on the tires is correct, but it seems to me that its true (so far).
      It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Yeah I'm not an aggressive rider at the moment.. But even the D205's were hard to lean and made me feel uncomfortable.. Plus they didn't feel stuck.. Might be time it takes to warm up.. However these feel great.. We'll take it day by day and see how it gets.. But most important is being comfortable as I'm a new rider

Comment

I also just went from the factory Dunlop... which really sucked because not only were they old and unsafe.. but the back had worn a flat spot and the front was high in the center.. Did a lot of research and I got the Road Attacks... love em.. and just like you i feel that they are worth every dollar!!

Comment

Road Attacks or the the great I pulled mine stock wheels off before 500 miles i hated them so much. Good choice.

Comment

like someone stated (sasquatch) they are new tires and they are slick so be careful they have to be broken in and 15 miles will not do it be safe
              sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Working...
              X