X

Approximate Tire Mileage?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approximate Tire Mileage?

I know it all depends on how you ride and how much you push your tires in turns, etc. I got 12000 miles out of my first set of Dunlop D205's and 15300 miles out of my second set of Dunlop D205's. Of those who use the Metzler Z6's, approximately what kind of life do you get out of those tires. I mostly ride interstate to and from work, but I really tear up the ramps and when I venture to the mountains I take every turn as hard as I possibly can.

Thanks for any info ya'll may have.

The road surface roughness plays into heavily as well. If you got 12k out a set of D205's, I'd expect you'll see 14k out of a set of Z6's before the rear is ready for replacement (the front will still have 40 - 50% life left at that point).

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thank you. I was hoping for something comparable to the 205's since that was pretty good milage for the tires I thought.

Comment

My v-Star still have a stock Dunlops on it, i have about 12,000 miles on the rear and still plenty of deep tread left.....I do primarily a lot of commuting on I-10 (60 miles a day round trip) and on the weekends, Curvy country roads probably another 150 - 200 miles....another damn oil change is coming up quick lol

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

You must be doing something right to make tires last that long buellkat. I'm pleased when my tires outlast my valve adjustments.
          Pics
          Pics
          No pics yet
          Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
            You must be doing something right to make tires last that long buellkat. I'm pleased when my tires outlast my valve adjustments.
            My guess: different tires and he stays on his tire pressures religiously.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
              ...and he stays on his tire pressures religiously.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Normally I would be prone to agree with you on that count, but I am overly anal about tire pressures. I am more prone to blaming my weight, and my slightly more than liberal use of the throttle. I would almost be willing to bet that there is a direct correspondence to fuel economy. I am guessing that buellkat is seeing over 55mpg on a regular basis.
              Pics
              Pics
              No pics yet
              Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
                Normally I would be prone to agree with you on that count, but I am overly anal about tire pressures. I am more prone to blaming my weight, and my slightly more than liberal use of the throttle. I would almost be willing to bet that there is a direct correspondence to fuel economy. I am guessing that buellkat is seeing over 55mpg on a regular basis.
                It's not just the throttle that's the problem..... It's your use of the throttle and the front brake at the same time! Save the burnouts for the track!
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Never performed a burnout! I tear away from every stop light as hard as legally possible and sometimes harder. Take every curve as hard as I can, dragging my feet. I dont like to see the chicken strip on my tires. Its so unappealing. I did however wear down my first front tire very well at deals gap putting about 100 miles on the bike on the gap and pushing the bike very hard. Although in town I generally run a lot of interstate and our streets aren't that bad so tire wear isnt that extreme.

Comment

Working...
                  X