X

tire warranty?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tire warranty?

Do tires carry a warranty other than tread life.

For example i have a set of tires on my truck that have around 40000 mile son them with lots of tread life but they seem to be rotting (cracks and bulges in the tire(s)) Do i have a case if i contacted the manufacturer to complain? or am i stuck buying new tires?
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

any warranty they might have had would be pro-rated, so with 40k youo'd probably be better off buying new ones. most tires carry a workmanship/defect warranty but i don't think that will help you now.

Comment

I bet those truck tires are rated less than 40K miles on them as well...

Comment

Depends on the wording of the policy you may have bought with the tires. Some after-market policies include all eventualities, some don't. Usually dry-rot is not covered, as it's an indication of VOC evaporation which happens from one of two causes: tires running too hot (too much load or not enough pressure) or age (in excess of 5 years normally). Less common is use of chemicals on the tires that ends up ruining the VOC contents...
        What's the date of manufacture code on the tires?

Good Luck!
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I do not know. THe tires are the ones that came with the truck when i bought it new in 2002. I sent the consumer affairs dept for the tire manufacturer. I guess it doesn't hurt if they say no.

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Got a call from firestone.. they want me to bring it into a firestone owned store for inspection. They they will replace and give a rebate on the tires based on tread life left of the tire.

Comment

stop crying you lil baby and buy new tires ...

Comment

Originally posted by zleviticus
                Got a call from firestone.. they want me to bring it into a firestone owned store for inspection. They they will replace and give a rebate on the tires based on tread life left of the tire.
                Now that's customer service

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                X