Tire cupping...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cool thanks for the info

Comment

well you guys were right, i was down to 30psi instead of the 42 reccomended on the tire. All i can say is WOW what a difference. I actually almost wrecked leaving my edition because i wasnt used to the quick turn in lol.

Comment

are you sure its supposed to be 42 on a FRONT tire? the number on the tire is supposed to be the max cold pressure not the recommended pressure.

Comment

The Michelins do the same thing so don't waist your money. So far I like the Metzler Roadtecs.

Comment

Yeah, 42lbs is too much for the front tire. I run my Z6's at 36 front and 41 rear. I also weigh 220.
            R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

both my tires say 42psi cold.

i have them both at 40-41 and it rides great now

i weigh 130 on a good day

Comment

not so much what the tire says but what the bike says. I thought it was around 36 PSI for the Kat on the front. I think you need to take a peek at the manual again. (mine is on the bike and bike is in shop so I am no help there)
                I am a Penn State fanatic.
                Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
                  both my tires say 42psi cold.

i have them both at 40-41 and it rides great now

i weigh 130 on a good day
                  My Stradas say 42 max cold pressure on the side of the tire too but I run them at 35 front and 38 rear (same as what everyone else seems to be running). I really dont think you should be running such a high pressure.

Comment

I run 36 in front and rear. That's what the manual calls for on my 93.

Comment

Working...
                    X