No announcement yet.
X

Just made a pact with El Diablo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I better get off my butt and order some new tires soon!
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Tires are here! American mototire said 7-9 days and exactly 7 days after... voila! Good experience w/this guys. Appointment friday for set up with the stealership. I'll keep you informed.
      D&K

Comment

Well , I just got mine yesterday , and it took a bit longer than "7-9 days" . Actually it was more like two weeks . Gonna try to get them mounted this morning ...
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Wow, great deal! Here in Spain are quite expensives!! And I work in a bike shop!!
          PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

Okay , first impressions (for those who care) :
            1:Noticed right away that turn-in is alot quicker . Might have something to do with my old tire being a bit square-ish . But the Stradas supposedly have a pretty roundy profile , so ...
            2:After getting them somewhat scrubbed in , they already felt fairly grippy . Inspired more confidence after only 30 or so miles than did my Sport Demons . Again , THOSE were fairly worn out , so ...
            3: Not sure about feedback . Missed a downshift a bit (didn't blip enough) , and I KNEW the tire would slip a bit , but it FELT like it didn't slip much at all . Was expecting more . Dunno if that has to do with the feel , or if the tire ACTUALLY didn't slipp too much . Like I said , they DO feel pretty grippy .
            Thus far , I'm quite pleased , especially for the price ! Even only breaking them in , my chicken strips are maybe 3/4 in. , which is pretty close to what the last tires were . This was only after 50 or so miles mind you , so I was still kinda being careful . They just made me feel pretty confident !

Comment

Thanks for the update.

Anytime first hand info can be had on a new product is a huge bonus. As someone who will no doubt be needing new tires this year I'd be very interested on what you guys that got them think of them over the season.
              Kyle

Comment

Mi Stradas had the final test last night: I was on my way home, driving on the left lane when the SUV w/tinted windows that was in front of me (right lane, obstructing all visibility to the sidewalk) suddenly stops. Then I realized that we were on a pedestrian cross (at 11 pm what were the chances?) Then I spoted a Police officer on the next block. Some times they do this just for the fun of catching you running a pedestrian crossing. When I took the decision of apply the brakes completely, I said to myself: "ok, here is where the tires are gonna start to skid".
                No. The things came to a complete stop right before the crossing line. They saved me from a ticket (in the best case) or from hitting the guy walking on Lincoln Blvd at 11pm, and all this with only 60 miles on them. Yep, this things are grippy.

Test = passed
                D&K

Comment

Well , I rain-tested mine yesterday , and I guess they do alright in the wet (actually , the POURING) . Didn't really try to push it or anything (I'm not THAT stupid ) , but I DID do a couple of "hard launches" just to see what would happen . Actually , seemed like there was no slip at all ! I didn't goose the throttle or anything , did it nice & smooth , but still , no slip under power in standing water . So yeah , they SEEM like pretty good tires as far as I'm concerned .

Comment

Working...
                  X