X

dunlope qualifiers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dunlope qualifiers

I am wondering if any one on here is running on dunlope qualifiers? If so what do you think about them and how many miles have you got out of them?

I loved the D208's (I know, I'm a little strange) and I found the Qualifiers to be just as good.

Road 9 DAYS, 6593 MILES, 19 STATES... YEAH, IT WAS FUN!... on a brand new set and still put another 2000 on them before I got a nail in the rear. (But it was time to replace them anyway)
    sigpic

Comment

I had the D208's stock on mine put about 14500m on them. At the end they wouldnt stick to glue. They had tread but absolutely no traction. I changed out to Conti Force but since its 30's or below coming and going to work I havent put but 500 miles on them in 3 month.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AKA AllyKat View Post
        I had the D208's stock on mine put about 14500m on them. At the end they wouldnt stick to glue. They had tread but absolutely no traction. I changed out to Conti Force but since its 30's or below coming and going to work I havent put but 500 miles on them in 3 month.
        The biggest complaint (me included) with the 208's was it took them forever to warm up, but once they did they were real sticky. That's Ok in the summer in SoCal but not for every place in the country. The Qualifiers were much better at warming up.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm currently running qualifiers (but I have Z6s waiting in the wings) and hate them. I got them used on the bike, and they were pretty center worn. They're literally frightening. I probably have a good 4-5/32 of tread left on them too. I have heard the take forever to warm up thing, but i've ridden on them for an hour and under heavy braking (not panic stop braking) I can still send the back end into a pretty good slide. I almost ended up in the back seat of some girls car as a result of this once. Riding to work in 115 degree weather after 30 minutes, they went into a slide. I personally hate these tires. I feel like they're holding me back riding wise because if i'm not confident in a straight line, how far can you expect me to lean the bike? Overall, I hate em.

Comment

Now how do you really feal about them AM?
            sigpic

Comment

I bought a pallet of Qualifiers last year because I got a great price. A pallet consists of 40 sets of tires. I used 3 sets and sold the rest and will NEVER run a Qualifier again on another one of my bikes. I don't care if you GIVE them to me, I ain't running them. I pretty much feel the same about anything produced by Dunlop.

Terrible warm up time. ( I lowsided my Bandit at CMP due to this and bought tire warmers afterwards for added insurance)

Terrible milage. I was killing the rears in 1000 miles on my CBR. By way of comparison, I sold my CBR with a set of Pilot Powers that had almost 4K on them and they were just a bit under 50%. God knows I did not ride that bike tame either......

They handled fine, but th emilage and warm up time is a deal breaker for me.
              Ron
              MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

One of the guys I ride with HAD these. He hated them, so after a evening of drinking he got the idea to take them off and throw them in our camp fire.
                American by birth, Italian by the grace of God

Comment

*snif* I feel so abused*snif*
                  sigpic

Comment

There, there Tom, just go to Starbucks and have a nice double mochalataccino and you'll feel better.
                    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

thanks for the info i got talked into a pair because it would take a week to get the metzlers, and this guy had some in stock on the cheep i havent broke them in yet so cant say how they corner . so the good is they will not last long and then ill have the metzlers.

Comment

Originally posted by katman05 View Post
                        There, there Tom, just go to Starbucks and have a nice double mochalataccino and you'll feel better.

That's Ok. Just wait until you read about the tires I'm riding on now. I'm writing a review.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
                          That's Ok. Just wait until you read about the tires I'm riding on now. I'm writing a review.
                          I'll keep an eye out for it
                          R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
                            Are you trying out the Shinko's?? They seem to be pretty popular on the Busa boards...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                            You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

I've been running the Dunlop D220ST and haven't had any issues with them yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X