• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle Superstore

I've decided before the Macadam kills me I'll upgrade to
    Metzlers. Motorcycle Superstore has the Z6;
    120/70 for 94
    150/70 for 115

This seems like a good deal, $209 free ground shipping.
    Question is has anyone delt with these guys?
    I've had pretty good luck so far (except for Old Bike Barn)
    I wonder if I'm pushing it?
    I've got a bit of time so any recomendations for dealers would be great.

Thanks

I bought my lid from there. Shipped just when they said, price was great. Most of their prices seem competitive. I would buy from them again.
    'He who is not afraid will always be safe'
    --Lao Tzu

Comment

Thanks Nate!

Comment

I just ordered my new Pirelli Diablo Stradas from americanmototire.com this morning for >$200 shipped . Someone posted that link a while ago on here and I saved it in my bookmarks , so they can't be TOO bad ...
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Thank md86 let me know how it turns out.
          They under cut Motorcycle superstore by nearly $20

Comment

i've bought stuff from motorcyclesuperstore.com. very competitve prices and speedy service. would buy from them again.
            '03 Yamaha FZ1

Comment

Bought my last set of Z6's from americanmototire.com, same place as MD. FedEx misrouted them (to a FedEx warehouse in Ohio), but the shipper did his part, and when I complained, FedEx overnighted them from the misrouted location.

Also good:
              DennisKirk.com (price match guarantee)
              RonAyers.com (in the same ball park pricing wise, but I don't know if they order to fill or stock in their warehouse).
              Used to always order from Chapparal Motor Sports ( http://www.800-841-2960.com/ ), but their pricing was out of line this last time...

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                Bought my last set of Z6's from americanmototire.com, same place as MD. FedEx misrouted them, but the shipper did his part, and when I complained, FedEx overnighted them from the misrouted location.

Also good:
                DennisKirk.com (price match guarantee)
                RonAyers.com (in the same ball park pricing wise, but I don't know if they order to fill or stock in their warehouse).
                Used to always order from Chapparal Motor Sports ( http://www.800-841-2960.com/ ), but their pricing was out of line this last time...

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Glad to hear that . Makes me feel better about ordering from someone I've never done buisiness with before ! Maybe we should put up a list of approved dealers or something aside from our KR vendors ...

Comment

I did not realize that Dennis Kirk priced matched. I may have to print off the full price sheet from American Moto tire, and just run up to Dennis Kirk, and pick them up to save me on shipping.
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                    Glad to hear that . Makes me feel better about ordering from someone I've never done buisiness with before ! Maybe we should put up a list of approved dealers or something aside from our KR vendors ...
                    +1 to that

Comment

Guys, before you go running off to spend your money with someone you don't know, please take a second to see what Laura at www.Speedwerks.com can do for you.

KR members get a discount with them and their customer service is absolutely awesome! Also, and here is the big thing, they won't let you spend money you don't need to spend!.

Example: I needed a front stand. Sure Laura could have easily talked me into the more expensive Pitbull stand. Instead she was honest enough to tell me straight out that the Vortex stand was about the same quality, almost the exact same design and was less expensive. Delivered in under a week (even though pert of my order had to come from the manufacturer) and saved me money!

We're all looking for good deals and trying to save money. You owe it to yourselves to at least let Speedwerks quote you a price. There is no question about "shady dealings", you will not be wondering or finding out 2 weeks later that your parts are backordered and chances are they can match or beat most other retailers.

Personally I know that all of my parts purchases will now start with a call to Speedwerks.
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by BraadaJim
                        Guys, before you go running off to spend your money with someone you don't know, please take a second to see what Laura at www.Speedwerks.com can do for you.
                        Jim, I'm sure they appreciate the pitch, but they already stated in another thread (the one where they asked what we would like to see them stock) that because of the economies of scale, they can't compete on the Metzelers with the tire-only and mass-warehouse operations -- at least at the price-point that these other firms are offering right now.

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Yeah , I DID check with them , and I saved quite a bit of money going with someone else . I couldn't justify buying from them for THAT much more money . I DID get other stuff from them , though !

Comment

Jim, Thank you so much for your kind post. We very much appreciate it!
                            The guys definitely did check with me on pricing, but your post is definitely great to let others know about us.

I was honest when they checked with me on tire pricing that they could find it somewhere else cheaper. Some people appreciate the customer service, etc., and even if we're a little more, they still support us. Others are just looking for a deal (nothing wrong with that) and can find stuff cheaper. I will always be honest, though, and let you know if we are not competitively priced on what you are looking for. Most products we are competitively priced and can offer you an additional KR discount...some products, though, we can't. Tires (certain brands/sizes) and Scott's steering dampers come to mind on two items we don't have the best prices on, but I will always be honest and let you know that up front. Some items we can't be competitive on, but we carry them for the convenience of our customers who like us and want to purchase from us even if certain items are a little more expensive than other stores.
                            If you're not on a SpeedWerks bike, you're probably behind one.

www.speedwerks.com

Comment

Hey , I've bought from places before just based on their good customer service even if the price WAS a little higher . But in this case , I found the tires for quite a bit cheaper elsewhere ( not just a couple bucks cheaper) . I , like alot of others , DO appreciate good customer service though , and WILL shell out a couple bucks more to a good dealer , rather than another one I know nothing about for only a couple bucks less . I talked to Laura for quite a few minutes on the phone (as well as through PM's) , and they do seem like REALLY cool people . Besides , she sounded like a really cute , if a bit TOO energetic , young woman who's into bikes !

Comment

Working...
                              X