X

need some quick input on tires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some quick input on tires

I found some tires for my stock Kat on ebay that seem to be a decent price. Have any of you had any experience with these? $160 a set delivered. He has 10 sets and will combine shipping if I take more.

The Michelin Macadam 100X rear tire is an outstanding sport-touring tire that will provide excellent traction in both dry and wet conditions. Good wear and handling characteristics make this a wonderful pair for any bike. This tire has been superceded by the current Michelin Pilot Road. The front tire is a Michelin A89X and is a tire that was superceded by the Macadam.

These tires are NEW, and in perfect condition. They have been stored out of sunlight in a cool and dry warehouse.

The sizes for this auction are 120/80ZR16 front and 150/80ZR16 rear. You are bidding on a PAIR of tires.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Any idea on how old these tires are? Years ago I was told by a family friend who worked in the rubber/tire industry that tires start to breakdown after 5 years.

$160 a set is cheap for a set of tires, that's for sure.
    Kyle

Comment

my kat came stock with the 90 version - terrible tire for grip - but long lasting ( i can't confirm as i yanked them at 5k miles ) the front tire cupped also.

the 100 series was the next gen tire - replacing the 90. if you tour instead of corner they may be an option

tim

Comment

Mojoe, those macadams are worthless. I know some Kat 600's came with those, and I have seen better grip on a roller skate.

Don't do it man, save yourself some hassle.
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Thanks lou....I won't bother then.

Comment

Don't you remember, the nickname for the macadams or Crapadams
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

the front will cup in about 2000 miles also.

Comment

Don't you remember, the nickname for the macadams or Crapadams
                nope....have always run metzellers and occaissionally battlax....so I never paid much attention to tire talk.
                Anyway, thanks for the input guys. Glad I didn't waste my $.

Comment

My front cupped as well....and my rear blew out at 12000 KM's with about half the tread left on it.

Now I'm 1000 Km's into a set of Avon's ST45/46 combo, and I couldn't be happier. The wet weather control is WAY better, and they don't have that tendency follow cracks in the road which are parallel to your direction of travel. I also now have scrapes on knees, plastics, and exhaust...as well as a couple of feelers which are shrinking very quickly.
                  FrankenKat 1216
                  GS Fiter 816
                  GSXR750! (race)

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                    nope....have always run metzellers and occaissionally battlax....so I never paid much attention to tire talk.
                    Anyway, thanks for the input guys. Glad I didn't waste my $.
                    Stick to what you know... The Macadam 100x is crap (although not quite as crappy as the 90x by a narrow margin).

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                    X