X

Tires for '97 Kat600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires for '97 Kat600

I know this question has been posted so many times but, for now I think I can't afford to change both tires (just made the 4K miles service at the stealership).

Last week, a car threw a rock (about shoe-sized) to my rear tire. The tire looks ok (even the guy at the dealer said its ok) but handling has been weird since then. I feel like the bike its skiding/sliding when I lean on a curve. I think that the internal structure of the tire is damaged. I checked all the bolts and nuts in the suspension and everithing seems ok.

Its just that I don't trust the tire anymore. The bike has the original oem Dunlop K655 tires but the front one looks like has some good life on it.

I just commute on the bike (not much sport riding) so mileage its a must.
    Sugestions? Thanks.
    D&K

DK go with the Dunlop GT501's. They are the stock tire replacements. YOu can also go with michilen pilot roads. Yuo can also go to a 110/70 and a 150/60 on the rear. Then you could go with the MEZ 4's or 6's. These are are some good tires that will last for commuting and will aloow you to go railing when you get that urge.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I'm just comming from a couple of places looking for the Z6. Best one: Cycle Products West on Pico Blvd. $145 OTD (tax, installation included). I think this is the way I'm gonna go... MSRP is $185.-
      D&K

Comment

You can go to www.ronayers.com and also checkout speedwerks on here.
        www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I found this place had some GREAT prices on tires...

America's trusted online source to shop the best discounted Motorcycle, UTV, ATV, Side by Side, and 4 Wheeler aftermarket tires, gear, parts and accessories.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

...And how much would a decent workshop charge me for the setup of the tire?
            D&K

Comment

I get charged about $15 a tire to put the new ones on and that is with me having the rims off the bike. Best bet is to call around and find out or get hold of some of the others in Cali and see if they can mount them for you.
              www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I have a buddy that has a tire changer in his garage. hehehe
                If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

I just went thru buying new tires for my '97 kat600.

Local dealers didn't want to put on the larger-than-stock 120/70V17 and 150/50V17 Metz Z6s I ordered - best price (including tire costs & shipping) was RonAyers.com. Ended up cancelling my order. Big thumbs-up to Ron Ayers for that debacle.

Ended up back at stock sizes, but went with radials instead of the stock bias tires. Got Dunlop D205s, again from Ron Ayers - best price if you add everone's shipping costs to tire costs.

Folks around here (eastern PA) want $40/tire if you ride the bike in, or $20/tire if you take the rims in. Some folks will hit you up for add'l $ if you take tires you bought elsewhere.

Good luck.

Comment

Dealers around here charge some $60 for both tires. But even paying that, its cheaper than buying the tires from them. RonAyers will be my first option. Thanks
                    D&K

Comment

Originally posted by nurider
                      ...Local dealers didn't want to put on the larger-than-stock 120/70V17 and 150/50V17 Metz Z6s I ordered...
                      Just a head's up -- they're not V rated, they are Z rated (a step up), and radials as well, so it's 120/70ZR17 and 150/70ZR17.

Cheers
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                        Originally posted by nurider
                        ...Local dealers didn't want to put on the larger-than-stock 120/70V17 and 150/50V17 Metz Z6s I ordered...
                        Just a head's up -- they're not V rated, they are Z rated (a step up), and radials as well, so it's 120/70ZR17 and 150/70ZR17.

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Oops. You're right.

Comment

Working...
                        X