X

Double check your tread pattern!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double check your tread pattern!

I got new tires shown in the thread below. notice the front tire tread pattern is opposite of the rear tire tread pattern. So, I called my friend who put them on and he told me to look for the arrows on the tires and that would show the rotation of the tire. Well he was correct. The front tire pattern is opposite of the rear to spread the water away from each other in wet conditions. I took notice of the tires because of Spedee's website (www.spedee.com). I thought my front tire was on backwards, but now I know it is not. However spedee's might be on backwards.

If it has to do with tires & wheels, then you're in the right place.
    Best tire for a Katana? What's the tread life on a particular brand ? Size of a stock rim?
    Chains & Sprockets? These questions and so much more are addressed right here !
    myspace
    2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Here:

From the Conti website...

ContiRoad Attack Direction?

The orientation of the ContiRoad Attack front has recently been revised. Conti Germany responded to feed-back from the UK and other markets about maximising the already incredible durability of the original front tread pattern. After the launch of the ContiSport Attack test riders commented on the fact that the reversed tread direction gave much more uniform wear across the tyres section and so the ContiRoad Attack front pattern was switched in late October 2006 to take advantage of this better wear characteristic. Some confusion exists because some European plants outside of Germany have a tread mould with small arrows at the edge of the tread near the sidewall, these arrows should be ignored. These moulds are being replaced. ContiRoad attack customers may be offered the same tyre with apparently two different directions of rotation. The tread pattern on both tyres is fine. Riders should be aware that all relevant and legally required information regarding speed rating and direction of rotation is moulded into the side-wall of the tyre, not the tread, so be sure your tyre is fitted in accordance with the directional arrow on the sidewall regardless of which way the pattern runs.
    Last edited by reconstyle; 10-31-2007, 09:08 AM.
    Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
    18v Rigid Drill
    Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
    New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Interesting, Thanks!
      myspace
      2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by Mat0302 View Post
        I got new tires shown in the thread below. notice the front tire tread pattern is opposite of the rear tire tread pattern. So, I called my friend who put them on and he told me to look for the arrows on the tires and that would show the rotation of the tire. Well he was correct. The front tire pattern is opposite of the rear to spread the water away from each other in wet conditions. I took notice of the tires because of Spedee's website (www.spedee.com). I thought my front tire was on backwards, but now I know it is not. However spedee's might be on backwards.

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=75151
        Nice candor. The arrows are the key. This is a very important post for those who would not have knows and would have out one tire on backwards!
        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

Working...
        X