X

Painting your Treads on your Tires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting your Treads on your Tires

Believe it or not. It sticks or stays if it is properly done. What me and my friend did was. Went to Wal-mart brought some Paint Pens to match our Bikes. I purchased a Fine and Med Point Red Paint Pen. The Wal-mart we went to you find the Paint Pens in the Crafts section. We also purchases some degreaser and some cheap toothbrushes. And we went to town. It does take some time. But the Outcome is worth it. We have heard nothing but good things. Here are some pics

My bike a 2005 Suzuki Katana 600 with Michelin Pilot Powers on the Front 120/70ZR17 the Rear a 160/60ZR17

Note: my rear is missing some paint I should have rode on the tire longer I got it 10/24/2007. This pic of the tire has 78.4 miles on it. Plus when I painted the treads on the rear it had 12 miles on it. I have no patiences>

A friends Bike a 2006 Ninja 636 with a Meltizer M-1 I believe 180/??/ZR??

My other friend who did his has a 2001 Suzuki GSXR 600 with a Michelin Pilot Power 180/??ZR?? he did his in Yellow and Looked Great. But I don't have a pic of his Hopefully he will ride to work tommarrow and I will get a pic.
    sigpic
    Update Jul 11 2014
    Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

thats rad, ill have to try it..... how long does it last and does it come off easy if i dont like it???

Comment

Nice, we have been doing this too after the usualsuspect showed me this a while ago. We use the permanent marker pens from the Hallmark Stores which seem to last the best. They are called Permapaque and have one thick end and one thin end. 2 pens will take care of both tires.

Hey, you guys should also color the manufacturer name and model of the tire too. It makes it look that much better!

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
      thats rad, ill have to try it..... how long does it last and does it come off easy if i dont like it???

The stuff I use does not come off easy and it got blasted a few times with rain. It takes a while to do though so make sure you have at least an hour and some good tunes. This time, it has been on there about 4 months and still looks good.
      Last edited by KatanaSoldier; 10-28-2007, 11:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

nice! now go wash your bike! haha

Comment

Originally posted by ImportRacer3 View Post
          nice! now go wash your bike! haha
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

LOL... I would wash the bike but down here in Georgia. It is starting to get cold. Us GA boys don't like this cold stuff. Another BIGGIE the water drought. It seem more serious then I thought. Enough for the governor to call it a emergency to the president. So I don't want no fines.

Anywayz, LOL I have to add this That why I post the really clean pic on my Garage LOL.
            sigpic
            Update Jul 11 2014
            Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

COLD IN GA?! I am still riding up here in NJ

Comment

lol cold in ga... its probably still 70

and just get a 5 gallon bucket... put soap in it... and fill it half way, im sure the gov wont whigg out over 2.5 gallons

Comment

Well I did clean her up before I took her to the summit car show. Me and my friend with his gsxr drive to it and enter just so we could park up front. LOL. But we left around 8:00pm and froze our tails off. Man I don't know how u boys do it up north its killing us georgia boys.
                  sigpic
                  Update Jul 11 2014

Comment

we ride all year long in Wi, just as long as there isnt ice on the ground, well at least i do, not so much this year due to the project, its nice being the only bike on the road, no harley yuppies.....+1 for the sport bikes

Comment

Originally posted by Rok_Stars_Bars View Post
                      Well I did clean her up before I took her to the summit car show. Me and my friend with his gsxr drive to it and enter just so we could park up front. LOL. But we left around 8:00pm and froze our tails off. Man I don't know how u boys do it up north its killing us georgia boys.
                      lol ummmm yeah come meet us at CP for ice skating this evening around 6. Girls I know (including me) will be on 2!!!
                      With a hip hop the hippie to the hippie
                      The hip hip a hop a you don't stop the rockin
                      To the bang bang boogie
                      Say up jump the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie the beat

Comment

I'm SOOO doing that to my tires....TONIGHT!!
                        I like'em naked!!

Comment

they make marker pens just for dooing that , i got some from moose and would mark the treads in silver b4 i put it on the bike. they sell at auto shops or bike shops and i didnt have to degreese the tire with the pen on a new tire
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X