X

What is your fav tire combo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your fav tire combo?

I just traded for a 2003 KAT 600 with 4K miles that is in need of a rear tire. I've had D207's, Diablo corsa's etc.. on Big Bore sportbikes that I used more for play (the dragon and other fun roads), but this bike will be my daily ride during the winter and I want a tire to last. ( I was getting around 1-3k out of the others). The previous owner just had a D220 put on the front should I stick with that for the rear and is that a good choice? Thanks for the help.

Metzler Z6, toughs are the best Katana tires IMO. They have great wet traction, so they should be good for winter weather.

Comment

Thanks I'll look into those.

Comment

pilot powers?

Comment

metzeler z6, or pirelli diablo strada.
          Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
          Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

had Z6 before but bought Avon Storm this summer and find them a much better tire.

Comment

I really like the Metzeler Z6's
              2007 Honda CBR600rr
              2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
              sigpic

Comment

I'll buy Contis again and again.
                "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                JOHN 16:33

Comment

Metzelers are good, had them on a few bikes. Michelin pilot roads came on my SV1000, and got great service from them. I put 6K on the rear, and over 10k on the front.

Comment

The Metzeler Z6's are still my tire of choice for the 98+ Kat, and that's based on a back-to-back new-vs-new tire comparo I did a while back. Plus they last between 10k and 14k miles typically by the time you get down to 1mm tread depth, if you are diligent about keeping your tire pressures up**.

The Pirelli Diablo Stradas are produced at Metzeler's plant, two production lines over from the Z6's, and are almost identical in every sense (same belt windings, same compounding, slightly variation on the groove pattern, plus one fewer groove per five than the Z6).

** NOTE THAT BOTH THE PIRELLI's AND METZELER's in general are designed to be run at somewhat higher pressures than the OEM tires for the Kats; baseline tire pressures should be around 36 front, 38 rear for a typical rider with these tires.

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                    X