X

2006 wheel on a 2001!?!?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 wheel on a 2001!?!?

ok, I used the "happy search tool" and I THINK i came to the following conclusions, wanted to make sure that I am right before I buy...

Found a pair of 06 rims WITH sprocket on rear wheel and WITH both rotors on front wheel, so in order to install the fronts on my 01 Kat, I would need to buy/use my own spacers from my front wheels, but otherwise they should should install just fine for the front end!???!?

The rear wheel goes on without any problems at all, including the newer sprocket?!?!

I read something about the bearings being larger from 03+, will this effect me or can I just reuse my own bearings?!!?

Any help appreciated, as you can see I have SOME of the basics but still a wee bit on the confused side of things!!!!!!

As far as I know the difference in 03 was that the front rotors went from dished to flat. That means the rim is wider. All this means ( I think) is that the rotors for 03 up cannot go on a pre 03 rim. I think if the whole sebang is changed it's OK..

Comment

Thank you!

This is what I kinda figured and got from the other posts, thank you for your answer, if anyone has anything else, please feel free to chime in!

Comment

Working...
      X