X

tire pressure how low is too low?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tire pressure how low is too low?

just tested the tires they were 15psi and 24psi I know this is low but money is tight and i doubt a bicycle pump will work for getting it back up to spec is riding to the gas station a good idea? or is the chances of a blowout that great on the account of them being tubeless tires?

How far are you riding? Take it EASY and slow and you won't have a problem just tooling down the road to the local station. I wouldn't want to try cornering at any kind of lean with only 15 psi in the front tire though...nor the back really. Just take it slow.
    Squidbusters.com Admin

Comment

I use a bicycle pump on my Kat. No problems.

Comment

Money is tight, but its only like .50 at the most to pump the tires up. I keep a tire gauge with me in my back pack and check the tires a lot. Its best to keep those at the right level. 15 is like half or less than what is recommended. I be careful and get those aired up. I've got a average size airbrush compressor and the tire attachment that I use. Aside from that, save .50 for riding around. Look at it this way, you'll spend more if you go down than .50 for air in your tires.

Be safe,
        Paladin

1996 GSX 600 F
        Katana

Comment

I've ridden on a nearly flat tire before , and I've seen a few others do it , too . Now I'm not recommending it , but you can PROBABLY make it to the gas staion with that pressure ok . Then go get yourself a bike pump for $9.99 for next time . That's what I've been using for a long time , and it works just fine . $10 should get you a pretty good bike pump (high PSI , sturdy design) .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I use a foot-operated bicycle pump from Walmart ($11.99, gauge built-in). It works perfectly.

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Cyber do you have that under your seat too? I really wouldn't be surprised if you did. You see to have mor tools under your seat than I have at work.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic13
                Cyber do you have that under your seat too? I really wouldn't be surprised if you did. You see to have mor tools under your seat than I have at work.
                No, put I do want to find something to add air to put under the seat

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                  Originally posted by arsenic13
                  No, put I do want to find something to add air to put under the seat

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Are there CO2 or N2 cartridges with suitable connectors? That and a small gauge...
                  - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

what should it be for the kat, 33 and 35PSI?
                    Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Not "what should it be for the Kat" , but "what should it be for MY TIRES" . My Pirellis like higher pressures than alot of other makes ... But a good starting point is usually like 32f/36r for most bikes .

Comment

I had D208's on there and I always ran it around 32 and 35
                        Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Well , I e-mailed Perelli about mine , and they told me that mine should be AT LEAST 34f/38r . I keep them at 33/37 , and that seems to work pretty well for me .

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaO215
                            what should it be for the kat, 33 and 35PSI?
                            Owner's manual sez... 33/36 (assumes stock tires, Macadams 90X or Dunlop 205/207). Other brands may have other pressures that are preferred, ask the manufacturer.

Cheers
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

just like riding a bike with flat tires - be real careful and try not to accelerate, turn or stop with any great force

I think the most overlooked basic motorcycle checks are battery and tires.

So, when's the last time you checked the electrolyte in your battery?
                              I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Working...
                              X