Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Tyre Talk: What would you do with this??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre Talk: What would you do with this??

During my daily PMCS, (pre-maintainence checks and services) I discovered this. This is a Continental Contiforce rear tire with less than 4K miles on it. This foriegn object is in the bottom of an outer grove, is small and looks as if may not be punched directly through.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
    Act like you didn't see it, and look the other way and forget about it
    0%
    Have the wheel off in the morning and at the shop for replacement
    0%
    Remove it and see if air leaks out
    0%
    Leave it alone, and check your pressures to see if it's leaking, and run it down till time to replace it
    0%
    It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

I personally would replace the tire ASAP.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Pull it out..........if it leaks, replace. If not your good to go.

Comment

you must live by some construction....

my wife had the same thing in her front tire... looks like a staple....

we had to replace the tire the day before we left for the gap....

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

I would let as much air out as poosible then pull it to see how deep it is. It might be very very short and not have caused any deep damge. If it was deep, I would replace the tire.
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

Even though you only have 4K miles you don't have much tread left - replace the tire.

Comment

Yeah , just yank it out and see what happens . I've had a couple things lodged in there that didn't go all the way through , and a couple that DID . It sucks , but just get it over with .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Pull it, and if it looks like it was in very far at all, replace it. Being as the ContiForce is steel belted, I would be very nerous if it got near the belts. Rusted belts are NOT a good thing.
                Pics
                Pics
                No pics yet
                Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Pull it out. See if it leaks.
                  I wouldn't leave it in because even if it is not leaking now it could work it's way deeper into the rubber.
                  Even if it's not leaking when you pull the object out, depending on how big it is and how deep it did go you could have damage you can't see. I would take it easy and get a new tire on the way.

Comment

I want to thank everyone that had input on this and answerd the survey. I went ahead and replaced it with the Continental Raod Attack. Very fine indeed. The "Forces" were excellent and the 'Attacks""even better.
                    I ordered it last Sat, got it on Wends., had it mounted today. I gingerly rode it to the shop and let them pull the staple, since they were mounting it for free. Once there, we pulled the object, and sure enough, it slow leaked under oil.
                    I don't know about the Z6's, but after experienceing several other manufactures, I'm a Continental fan now . The Attack has some cool raised checkering on the side wall that makes it look really classy.

It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

Crappy way to get a set of new tires . But new tires are always lovely .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                      X