X

Difference between Tubed and non tubed tires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between Tubed and non tubed tires

Subject says it all. Just wondering whats the differences and benefits or lack there of?
    !This Space For Rent!

It's mostly that tire design has changed over the past 25 years or so. If your bike was designed to run with tubeless tires, I'd run them.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I presume you might be looking at the features of that if you pick up a nail then you can just change a sub $10 tube opposed to an expensive tire. I think that non tube tires that are on the kat have less rubber between the cords in the tire and the inner part of the tire. This would be bad because it would cause the tubes inside the tires to heat up higher than they are suppose to. so non tube tires with tubes is a no no. i presume.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Tyre manufacturers switched to tubeless because it's an advance in technology, they're simpler, more efficient - and the advent of mag wheels on pretty well every sports bike has allowed this to now be the norm.

You could run tubed tyres on tubeless rims, but it's fairly pointless (like converting your disc brakes back to drums, or changing your rear monoshock to twin shocks - what's the point?).

Also, tubed tyres DO generate more heat in high stress applications which is detrimental to tyre / tube life.

Comment

Working...
        X