X

Another Diablo Question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Diablo Question

The new Diablo Strada's are supposed to have better wet weather traction compared to the regular Diablo's. Does this mean then I loose some of the Dry weather traction?
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Yes
    PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
    The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

yep yep
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

A lot, or not much?
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

depends how much is gained in the wet :P

you should look at the pilot powers from michelin unreal tyre!

40* lean angle in wet and 56* deg lean angle in dry can be obtained from these puppies, ive only just knocked the shine of mine, so i cant comment on wear, but mates have clocked on 6500 miles with life still left in them ( mixed mountain/city/freeway riding)

get the 160 rear, or if u like a fatty on the rear, 170 will fit too!.

cheers.joe.

Comment

The rep I talked to told me the Stradas have 15% less dry grip than the Diablos , whatever that means . SOUNDS like alot , but they're still considered a sport tire , pretty much . I'd like to know myself , as I'm pretty much gonna pick either the ME6 or Strada soon ...
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Lou, you're moving to Florida. Get the Metzeler Z6's and just shut the hell up. Come August rainstorms, there really is no other decent choice for you if you want to ride when you get caught out in our summer monsoons.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                Lou, you're moving to Florida. Get the Metzeler Z6's and just shut the hell up. Come August rainstorms, there really is no other decent choice for you if you want to ride when you get caught out in our summer monsoons.

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Atleast Florida has the real monsoons unlike the monsoons of Arizona where it just rains some and there is alot of dust.
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

so i guess when determining to go with diablos strada or regular diablos one needs to look at how much wet riding you will actually be doing ehh?

I am in a quandry.. do I get the diablos or the stradas.. i want to get some new tires before the gap. These Macs suck much... Yes i jsut realized that..
                  Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Not Florida, Alabama. I am hoping not to ride in many monsoons.
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by zleviticus
                      so i guess when determining to go with diablos strada or regular diablos one needs to look at how much wet riding you will actually be doing ehh?

I am in a quandry.. do I get the diablos or the stradas.. i want to get some new tires before the gap. These Macs suck much... Yes i jsut realized that..
                      better late than never

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Not Florida, Alabama. I am hoping not to ride in many monsoons.
                        Same difference when you're that close to the border... And unless you mean you don't intend to ride for three months of the summer except at night, you'll get caught out regularly, as the rains come unexpectedly and stay for an hour or three... or pass over you when you least expect it. You just learn to enjoy the warm water falling from the heavens and buy tires that are appropriate to the task at hand

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I fail to see what the issue is..... I could wheelie on the Bandit on soaking wet roads with the Diablo's. Plenty of grip for me in the dry OR wet.
                          Ron
                          MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Working...
                          X