X

the biggest tires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the biggest tires

what is the biggest size tires i can fit on a stock rim? i have a 2001 katana and i want something with the most meat on it that will still fit

Ok, I answered 2 of your 3 questions. For this one I'm going to tell you to search.

Long Live the D

Comment

LOL 160/60 rear is it, SAFELY. But people have got a 180/55 on there so technically you could run a 180 BUT I wouldnt!!
      Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

what happens when you put to big of a tire on? sorry my questions might seem done but i just started riding

Comment

Originally posted by JBREWER
          what happens when you put to big of a tire on? sorry my questions might seem done but i just started riding

Aside from the safety aspects of running a tire on a rim not equipped to handle the stress, you're turning and handling with be sluggish and unresponsive.
          sigpic

Comment

=USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Click the link in my signature, there is ton's of information there.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

I had a 170 put on buy a Suzuki dealer. They had no problems with it what-so-ever.

Comment

Try going to some tire manufacturer's websites and find a 170 that they suggest to be mounted onto a 4.5" wide rim.

Go ahead. We'll wait.

Far as I know, there is only ONE and it is made my Avon.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
                  who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Working...
                  X