Tire suggestions please!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire suggestions please!

Hi everybody,

I have a tire question. I've been riding my 2000 Kat 750 for about a month now. The tires that came with the bike are Dunlop Sportmax GP tires, with about 85% of the tread left. I believe that these are racing tires, but not positive. I live up here in Seattle (rainy and cloudy for most of the year) and have noticed that the tires really slip a lot on the roads around here, even on a hot, sunny day like we had today. I am going to be riding the bike in rain or shine on a daily basis, and am looking for the best tires to suit my purpose. Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks!
    00 Katana 750

I have a Michelin Pilot Power on the front of my 750, and a Pilot Road on the rear. I'm very happy with that combination.

It might also be worth checking out the new Pilot Road 2CT - it's a dual compound tire which has softer tread on the sides. It's meant to give particularly good wet grip.
    "If they think you're crude, go technical. If they think you're technical, go crude."

Comment

You may also want to look into the Conti Force tires that many seem to be raving about around here. I hear they've great wet-grip capability.
      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Cyberpoet rides through hurricanes on Metzlers... what better recommendation do you need than that?

Comment

Originally posted by Nero
          You may also want to look into the Conti Force tires that many seem to be raving about around here. I hear they've great wet-grip capability.
          Yup, I like mine!
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

I got conti force road attacks also and they are great i have had them for a week now
            06 KAT 600

Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Ignorant and Dangerous

Comment

Nice! Glad you are liking them too!
              "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
              JOHN 16:33

Comment

Working...
              X