X

So whatcha think?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So whatcha think?

I have an '02 kat with a yoshi slip-on and a Ivans kit with an +5 advancer,the problem is that it just smokes my 150/70ZR17 everytime I twist the throttle....
    I NEED more traction!!! What is the the biggest tire that I can fit on this thing? I want to stick with the Pirelli Diablo because that's what I have on the front and it sticks great.

Any suggestions?????

Hi, welcome to Katriders a great source for repair and modification information for your GSXF Suzuki, please take the time to browse the different forums and read the how-to/faq forum before asking any questions. You may find just the answer you were looking for and so much more! Click for search tips
    Too impatient? I bet one of these was your question:
    Q. What's the biggest rear tire?
    A. 150/70ZR17
    Q. what oil should I use?
    A. click
    Q. Can I wheelie my Katana?
    A. Yes
    Q. Can I shift without the clutch?
    A. Upshift from 2nd up, yes. Down shift, never. 1st to 2nd never.

(6/07/2007)

Comment

Largest recommended tire would be 160/60/17.
      Larger tire won't help, but learning throttle control will.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZukiFred
        Largest recommended tire would be 160/60/17.
        Larger tire won't help, but learning throttle control will.
        Yes thats what I thought but I was wondering if It was possible to go to a 170? I own an R1 and know all about throttle control

Comment

http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33473[/url]

Comment

Ok, there is something WAY wrong with this picture here.

gofast, I have a 160 on my kat, but its got 1200 cc's and about 125hp, just a little more than your setup, and I can control the throttle JUST FINE. i.e. dumping it exiting a corner and not low-siding

If Suzuki thought you needed a bigger tire, they would have planned accordingly.

See this guy...

hes running a 160, with probably close to 140hp and about 85ft-lbs of torque

(3rd one this week?)
            Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
            18v Rigid Drill
            Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
            New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Originally posted by reconstyle
              Ok, there is something WAY wrong with this picture here.

gofast, I have a 160 on my kat, but its got 1200 cc's and about 125hp, just a little more than your setup, and I can control the throttle JUST FINE. i.e. dumping it exiting a corner and not low-siding

If Suzuki thought you needed a bigger tire, they would have planned accordingly.

See this guy...

hes running a 160, with probably close to 140hp and about 85ft-lbs of torque

(3rd one this week?)

Then do you think I need a softer compound, its pretty hard right now. Really it just wont hook-up.

Comment

you should put an intergalactic power booster on. also buy a super rich tire compound to spray on like adhesive so you can drive on walls kinda like that stupid nicholas cage in that stupid movie (oh that nicholas is always up to somethin )

and then stop asking questions that have been asked 8 times this mother f***ing week!!!!!!!!!!

welcome to KR....

Comment

Don't hold it back, Iffy. Tell 'em how you really feel.
                  =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by IForgotMyUserName2
                    you should put an intergalactic power booster on. also buy a super rich tire compound to spray on like adhesive so you can drive on walls kinda like that stupid nicholas cage in that stupid movie (oh that nicholas is always up to somethin )

and then stop asking questions that have been asked 8 times this mother f***ing week!!!!!!!!!!

welcome to KR....

HOLY F#*K!! I feel welcome already

Comment

Originally posted by gofast76
                      HOLY F#*K!! I feel welcome already
                      Don't mind princess.. he forgot to put out the trash and his mom took away his willy for a week...

Comment

Wow! Right for the jugular!
                        =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Ummmm, z rated is the softest you would want on that bike. Welcome to KR, don't mind princess +2

also try dialing in your suspension to fit your weight and the z rateds will hook. too hard a suspension or to soft will cause unwanted reaction with your traction
                          TDA Racing/Motorsports
                          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                          Who knows what is next?
                          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

You can try the pilot powers, they come in a 160/60 that will fit on your rear rim. It's a soft tire, holds AWESOME in the corners, but only lasts a short time

Originally posted by thazkat
                            Ummmm, z rated is the softest you would want on that bike.
                            I thought the letter ratings were speed ratings, not compound ratings...? Or am I wrong?

motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Scroll 2/3 the way down
                            Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                            18v Rigid Drill
                            Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
                            New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

the higher the speed rating the softer the rubber compound
                              TDA Racing/Motorsports
                              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                              Who knows what is next?
                              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                              X