No announcement yet.
X

Nail in tire,wrong size?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

look at how "pinched" in the tire is in the 5th pic! You werent using 60% of that tire!
    Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

oh yeah, it was really squishy to say the least, once i found the site and figured out it was a big hell no, i got rid of it. yeah the normal part of the tire was the sidewall, and the normal sidewall was about 90% out from the rim. I would like to say that the guy i bought it from was in a pinch.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Originally posted by JaxKat
        She's still on her center stand , with the NAIL intact in the rear tire ... Up high and dry ... Waiting for the new Z6's to get here from Ron Ayers ... Hope the SLOW leak stays slow when I ride her to the dealer for the change out ...
        do it yourself, drop off the rim with the dealer and have them swap the tires.

Comment

Originally posted by 87vert
          Originally posted by JaxKat
          She's still on her center stand , with the NAIL intact in the rear tire ... Up high and dry ... Waiting for the new Z6's to get here from Ron Ayers ... Hope the SLOW leak stays slow when I ride her to the dealer for the change out ...
          do it yourself, drop off the rim with the dealer and have them swap the tires.
          I've got three things working against me here ... Work, Time, and I just plain don't want to screw up my (still new) 06' ... My luck I'd destroy the brake disks or something ... $30 at my dealer to mount the tire if off the bike ... $55 if on ... Save $50 for both tires ... With all that fun and hassle, and sprocket grease in my car ... NAAAAAA ...
          2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
          Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
          "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
          Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
          Veteran of the United States Air Force.
          "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Put down a garbage bag to keep your seat clean . Jeez , do I gotta think of EVERYTHING ? I actually STILL have a wheel in the back of my car sitting on plastic . Of course , the car is now a storage shed anyway , as it ain't moved in aboot 3 months .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

All Done...
              I ordered the Z6's from Ron Ayers Tuesday night around 6:50 PM... They just got to me this Saturday morning when I woke up ... That's like FOUR DAYS ... My dealer was great and got them changed out in no time... I just called them when I saw the tires on my porch, and they took me in ...
              Now it's time to get some Road Hazzard Protection ... $1.99/mo. is not bad... Unlimitted replacements ... No more worries of a FREAKIN NAIL ...
              2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
              Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
              "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
              Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
              Veteran of the United States Air Force.
              "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

I know the feeling. Got an '06 myself and have gotten TWO damn nails in the rear tire in five months! Thought someone was putting them in, but more likely the condo construction I was riding by on way to work was the culprit... Taking off the back wheel isn't so bad as you'd figure. $20 for a torque wrench from Sears, $4 for the adapter and socket to fit the castle nut, some pocket change for cotter pins, and $4 grease to lube up the axle pin a little and some on the bearings for good measure and you're set. Takes an hour on the Saturday of your choice and save yourself some cash. Tools you buy and grease will last the life of the bike if not your own . Plus re-aligning the wheel is easy if you make a mark where the axle pin notches are on the rear fork BEFORE you take off the wheel. There's some really good DIYs in the forum specifically about this that I used myself.
                The training of Karate is the training in self-control, humbleness, and discipline in conduct. The attainment of this supreme perfection requires the greatest of patience to fully master. I am here physically for technique, spiritually for philosophy, and together for character. By being patient and striving for perfection will I become physically, mentally, and spiritually strong.
                -- Walter K. Nishioka, Shihan The International Karate League

Comment

Working...
                X