X

tire ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tire ?

have been told that front and rear tire has to be the same make i know some tires are different componds and will handle different ?

my ? is has anyone ran two different brands on there bike and what did you think

thank for the info
    it would not be any fun if it was easy! but does it have to be this much fun!!
    Give A Person Expetations To Live Up To Not to A Reputition To Live Down !!

i wouldn't. some do. it really depends on the tire. just take it easy.

tim

Comment

Yes, I agree, I wouldnt do it either, although I cant say that I speak from experience as I have always ran the same brand front and back. Unless you can get some kinda guarantee from the dealer or a knowledgable counterpart as to the compatability..i'd stick with running both of the same. Just my .02 though.

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
        Yes, I agree, I wouldnt do it either, although I cant say that I speak from experience as I have always ran the same brand front and back. Unless you can get some kinda guarantee from the dealer or a knowledgable counterpart as to the compatability..i'd stick with running both of the same. Just my .02 though.
        why ?
        because of traction feel handling
        why not want info man thanks

Comment

For awhile, I ran a dunlop 208 ZR on the back with a Battleaxe 012 on the front and It stuck just fine (well enough to chase Dennis and BearKat up Palomar). Only reason I changed the back was because I got a screw in it. Wore the front completely out with a Michelin Pilot on the rear and only noticed one slip from the front (BearKat can tell you about that one) after it was pretty worn out. Now I'm running Michelin (Pilot Road - rear Pilot Power - front) all around but I don't think it really makes that much difference on the road.
          sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
          MSF Rider Coach 27028
          MoPowerSports.com
          Torco
          SoCalTrackDays

Comment

now that helps any one else done it i know people have they just don't want to say they have tell me what you think thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ghelper
              now that helps any one else done it i know people have they just don't want to say they have tell me what you think thanks
              Yeah I admit it. I did it for 2 weeks while make a front stand. I had a diablo rear 150/60 and some ol' michelin sport/touring 110/70 on the front. It create sever handling problems. The turn in would be fine then about 1/3 to 1/2 through a corner the bike would want to stand back up straight. I could force her back down but she would fight back through the rest of the corner. I literally tip toed around corners for 2 weeks. Not Fun.
              '92 Kat restoration/mod project

Comment

Originally posted by floxera
                [

some ol' michelin sport/touring 110/70 on the front. I.
                110/70 is that what was stock on your year of kat

Comment

[

some ol' michelin sport/touring 110/70 on the front. I.

Yes the earlier Kats had smaller rims. Till 98.
                  Bike is sold

Comment

hay speedee what new

Comment

I think stock was 110/80 front 140/80 rear.

Comment

Ill fess up. I ran a brand new dunlop 208zr (160/60) rear with a 50% battleax 020 front (120/70). To my and probably your suprise it handled pretty good. The only problem I had was the dunlop took alot longer to warm up than the bridgestone front. I would fell the front getting more grip with heat, and I would assume I could get more aggresive, but I was wrong. The rear would spin up coming out of 1st and 2nd gear corners. Talking about puckering up a tailhole. But a few more minutes the rear would get grippy and then it was pretty darn good!!
                        But ive since went to the same tires front and rear!!

Todd

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
                          Ill fess up. I ran a brand new dunlop 208zr (160/60) rear with a 50% battleax 020 front (120/70). To my and probably your suprise it handled pretty good. The only problem I had was the dunlop took alot longer to warm up than the bridgestone front. I would fell the front getting more grip with heat, and I would assume I could get more aggresive, but I was wrong. The rear would spin up coming out of 1st and 2nd gear corners. Talking about puckering up a tailhole. But a few more minutes the rear would get grippy and then it was pretty darn good!!

Todd
                          You fessed up as a guest?

Comment

hay speedee what new
                            Hay is for horses and Spedee is spelled Spedee!
                            Bike is sold

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous

Todd
                              You fessed up as a guest?

No I wrote that last night. I had a problem last nite with the board logging me out. I guess I didnt notice tha I wasnt signed in when I wrote that. So yes I fess up again........

Todd
                              Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X