X

Tire size

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire size

Ok so I picked up a set of Dunlops for my Kat. Just got a call from the dealer that the rear wont seat properly. The tire is a dunlop D 205 160/60ZR17. The tire I'm replacing is a metzler me1 that is the same size.
    The tech told me that the metzler was probably a softer compound which is why it fit. He is suggesting that I go to a 150, but that doesn't make sense to me.

I need some advise soon as I don't want to have to pay for another tire let alone have to get one from the dealer.
    92 Katana 600 Project bike
    Some assembly required is my middle name!!!

what year rear wheel do you have? Most 160 tires wont fit on a pre98 rim its to narrow. 98+ have a wider rim perfect for a 160 rear. I just got diablos 150/60 rear 120/60 front and it is awesome.
    '92 Kat restoration/mod project

Comment

Pre-98 you can safely go a 150. Tires from different tire manufactuers that have the same size, will fit on rims that others won't. That may be whats happening with yours
      sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
      MSF Rider Coach 27028
      MoPowerSports.com
      Torco
      SoCalTrackDays

Comment

I believe it is the stock tire.
        I want to ride so I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get the tired ordered through the dealer. The good thing is that he is only going to charge me $10 more than if I had ordered it.

anyone want to buy a tire

Comment

How much. I run the ME1 on my bike and it is a 160/60 and my rim is a 3.5 I also had a Michelen Pilot Sport 160/60. I think the dealer is pulling your leg and just doesn't want to be held responsible if something goes wrong.
          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Well the place that I got the tire from said the biggest I should run is 150's.
            He said if I had a 98+ rear rim that would work but I don't.

At this point I just want to ride!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Highsight2020
              How much. I run the ME1 on my bike and it is a 160/60 and my rim is a 3.5 I also had a Michelen Pilot Sport 160/60. I think the dealer is pulling your leg and just doesn't want to be held responsible if something goes wrong.
              Did you have to mod the brakereactor-arm?

Comment

Working...
              X