X

Front Wheel Alignment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Wheel Alignment

I've got a 91 600. Started riding this week, the bikes been in the garage. I noticed that the handle bars are slightly turned left when i'm going straight. Last fall I replaced my fork seals, after I replaced the fork seals I had a similar problem but the bars were turned right. I losened the bolts on the lower clamp and had a friend hold the front wheel while I adjusted the bars(like when you were a kid with your bicycle). I guess I must have pushed a little too much to the right.
    Anybody have a better method than this? Seems I can't get it right. Thanks.
    'He who is not afraid will always be safe'
    --Lao Tzu

Re: Front Wheel Alignment

Originally posted by Nate91kat
    I losened the bolts on the lower clamp and had a friend hold the front wheel while I adjusted the bars(like when you were a kid with your bicycle). I guess I must have pushed a little too much to the right.
    Anybody have a better method than this? Seems I can't get it right. Thanks.
    That's about it, you can also loosen the 4 bolts on the fron fender plate, it will adjust easier. Good luck

Chris

Comment

Loosen the bolts on the wheel slightly (not enough for it to drop off), including the axle pincher bolts. Bounce the front end up and down about 6 times (compressing it and letting it rise back up on it's own). Retighten the wheel bolts. This is the factory procedure for recentering the wheel, and should center up the fork legs as well unless there are damages to the triple trees. If the handlebars still aren't pointed straight, check the triple trees, headstock and handlebars for damages.

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
      X