X

Diablos question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diablos question

Looking at getting the Diablos, and was wondering, what is the difference between the Diablos, and the Diablos Corsa I think they were called.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

I don't know any of the technical specs but I think the Corsa's are more geared towards the track? I don't think they last quite as long as the regular Diablo... different compound.

I could be wrong tho.

Comment

Ok, thats what I thought. I wasn't sure though. Thanks!
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Check with Cyber but I think it is like the Mich. sport and race.
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Yeah , the Corsas are pretty much track tires . I talked with a Pirelli rep while at the bike show in Detroit , and he said the new Diablo Stradas are similar to the Diablos , but with MUCH better wet grip . He said that dry grip was down something like 15% , whatever that means , but that it was still really good . And the tread depth in the middle is quite deep , so they'll last alot longer in the middle . And since I can't even GET the Diablos in the right size , seems like a good alternative ...
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Diablos are super. You'll love them.

The Diablos are designed for road use with some track. They are much better in the wet than the dry track-only tires, and are designed to be more durable. They will blow your mind at how good they are.

the Diablo Corsas are more for the Track, but you can use them for street. They will wear MUCH faster than the Diablos, however. Very good tire--actually a favorite of many agressive-cornering R1 riders.

The Diablo SuperCorsas are specifically designed for the track, and have several different compounds to choose from. Expensive, and very, very good.

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

Originally posted by BISQ
              Diablos are super. You'll love them.

The Diablos are designed for road use with some track. They are much better in the wet than the dry track-only tires, and are designed to be more durable. They will blow your mind at how good they are.

the Diablo Corsas are more for the Track, but you can use them for street. They will wear MUCH faster than the Diablos, however. Very good tire--actually a favorite of many agressive-cornering R1 riders.

The Diablo SuperCorsas are specifically designed for the track, and have several different compounds to choose from. Expensive, and very, very good.
              +1

The Corsas are primarily for hyper-race bikes where the owners are going to wring every last possible bit of grip out of them... say, just the ticket if you were riding a Ducati 998 or 999 through the canyons of southern California with your shoulder a few inches away from the pavement. On a Kat, the extra grip on the Corsas is wasted and aside from the shorter treadlife, it is doubtful that you would ever be able to tax the standard Diablos enough to notice the difference.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Sounds like I should look for the Diablo Stradas. Wet grip sounds nice!
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                  Sounds like I should look for the Diablo Stradas. Wet grip sounds nice!
                  If you want wet grip, go with the Metzeler's...

KNOW THIS:
                  Pirelli's motorcycle tires are built by Metzeler's factories...

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

The Pirelli rep was telling me that the Stradas had better wet-grip than the Metz's . I guess then for me the deciding factor would really be price !

Comment

he is just trying to make a sell! that is all, like a Stealership would tell you that the aftermarket is better than stock.
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

No , this was a rep at the bike show , not at a dealer . Some Pirelli factory rep . He told me the bit about Metz's being their stuff , too .

Comment

I guess what it really comes down to is PERSONAL PREFERANCE. Without giving a full explaination, I prefer the Dunlop D208ZR's, I like the way the hook up. If I were to do more long distance I would prefer the Metz Zo4 or Zo6.
                          TDA Racing/Motorsports
                          Who knows what is next?

Comment

Yeah , it's hard to explain these things somethimes , ain't it ! I liked my Avons when I first got them . Then I LOVED my Pirelli Sport Demons when I got them . That's kinda why I'm looking to stick with SOME kind of Pirelli .

Comment

I found this site to be one of the cheapest around. www.americanmototire.com

I just ordered my set and should be getting it tomorrow (3/4/5)!! My set was under $200 shipped.
                              DON'T HATE THE PLAYA, HATE THE GAME!!

Comment

Working...
                              X