X

1 tire or 2 please

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 tire or 2 please

What would you all recommend for me. When I bought the bike this winter the back tire is in need of replacement. From all the discussions, I am going to go with the ME Z6 tire. Here is my question...The front tire (Macadam) has VERY LITTLE wear on it. Should I replace both with the Z6's or just the rear for now. Is there much difference in handling with two different tire patterns?

Replace both so it's a matched set, then sell the macadam on ebay or here on the board. Or replace both then throw the Mac in the garage "just in case" you need a spare tire in an emergency.
    Kyle

Comment

the Macadam would be best suited to be filled with concrete and thrown as far into a lake as possible.

I would always replace my tires in sets...compounds match, wear at same rate...same heat cycles...all things that contribute to traction or lack thereof.

Listen to me...I waited too long to change my worn tires...went down as a result!

Comment

Range. Nuff said. 2 it is! Thanks. I guess I could follow suit and make a Christmas wreath out of the old Macadam.

Comment

Originally posted by JCB
          Range. Nuff said. 2 it is! Thanks. I guess I could follow suit and make a Christmas wreath out of the old Macadam.
          Send it to Junior, then he can make 2 Macadam wreaths, one for each door lol.
          Kyle

Comment

I would venture to say that this depends on how you ride. If all you do is commute to work or mess around town, then leave it on there. If, on the other hand, you like to hit the twisties and lay it over to drag a knee (in which case you would not be asking in the 1st place!) then replace them both.
            Ron
            MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Sell the Macadam on eBay. You'll get far more $$ than you expect for it.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by JCB
                Yeah, but Range wasn't a very good rider then. He's much better now (since it's still snowy up there and they can't ride!!!)
                sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
                MSF Rider Coach 27028
                MoPowerSports.com
                Torco
                SoCalTrackDays

Comment

the Macadam is crap. Replace them both, its good to have matching front and backs anyway
                  Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Working...
                  X