X

Best combo sprockets for me......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best combo sprockets for me......

Since Im running the 1100 motor and a ninja swingarm what sprocket setup should I look at? Im getting a 520 conversion so I dunno if that affects my choice or not.
    Uh Oh here we go....

i can't comment on the 520 conversion or what gear ratio to go with, but i personally would go with the stock 530. You can get the stock setup i think around 130 for a 20k mile warranty xring chain and chromoly front sprocket and steel rear sprocket, from bikebandit. I don't know if the rear wheel you are running is the same bolt pattern as the stock kat, so you probably might have to buy your sprockets seperate. But the 520 conversions i have seen was for quick acceleration and reduces weight. With a 1100 kat engine, i don't think you really need the weight savings or the quick acceleration.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

The stock sprocket on the rear is a 520 so converting the front and chain was the best solution. I can get a complete setup for about $150 shipped vs. bike bandits $180 plus shipping
      Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

A 520 on an 1100 engine is going to last you all of a couple months of hard riding, even if constantly soaked in oil, effectively wasting your investment in both sprockets and chain.

I'd seriously recommend a 530 spec'd to a bike with the same kind of HP & torque numbers as the engine puts out (something like an RK LFO530 or maybe even a GSV). Chain manufacturers build different grades of chains in any size-group, and 520 chains are usually intended for a max engine size of about 450 to 500 cc's (most 500's use 530's or at least 525's for a reason).

Here's RK Japan's chart for Suzuki's:

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
        X