Size Tire for the 1998 GSX 600F Katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Size Tire for the 1998 GSX 600F Katana

Hey what is the best size tire for the rear of my GSX 600F Katana 1998

i think telling people to search has been done to death now...but i'm still going to tell you to search. tons of info if you do.

Long Live the D

Comment

HE HE

Yea i know if you search you could probably find what you are looking for. It was just that i was working on the bike and didnt have much more time for the rest of the night. So i thought i would just ask here.

Comment

Since I'm bored waiting for a dvd to burn .

Stock is 150/70/17. It works great and with good rubber you can rail that Kat with out problems.

Some have gone up to a 160/60(I think)/17 and they too really like that set up and are comfortable with it.

Now once you figure the size you want to throw on you should also look at the "type". Search for the tire threads and you see what I mean.

Are you hitting the twisties only? lot's of straight line commuting?, A bit of both? Are you a fair weather rider? Do you have to ride in the rain a lot and so on.
        Kyle

Comment

Thanks Man

Yea i think i will probably go with the 160 setup using Metzeler Z6 Roadtec Tire.

Comment

I Just need to ask this. I called up a bike store around my area and they told me that my stock tire was a 140. I have a 1998 GSX 600F Katana. There is a 150 on it right now. So i guess the question is, is the stock tire a 140?

Comment

No, your stock sizes are 120/70/17 front and 150/70/17 rear.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

lol good, so i can tell that person they didnt know what the hell they were talking about. So would it will be fine to put a 160 on there then?

Comment

98+ have 150's stock
                  pre98 have 140's

your salesman was confused

if you look on your rear rim, it should say 17x4.50 on it somewhere. That makes it the right size for 150's, 160's, and even a couple varietys of 170's.
                  Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

While you could put a 160 on there, unless you are constantly knee-down railng, you'd be better off with the 150 (less weight and in the Z6, a 150/70 actually measures out to be a 159/61ZR17 on a 98+ Kat rim).

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

o Cool, well i will do that then. Because i dont think i am going to do any knee down railing anytime soon.

Comment

you can have your knee down also with the 140 ...
                        but it is true, 150 helps more

Comment

Working...
                        X