No announcement yet.
X

Tires Sizes and Brands

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd go for the Z6's but even though this sounds stupid...they look too plain.

I like the look of the Z4's better but they don't sound like they are as good.

I'm probably going for the Bridgestone BT014's although I'm a bit wary about the mileage. A 2600 km ride to the Gap and back would take a good chunk of rubber out of them.
    Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

Originally posted by BeekMan
      I like the look of the Z4's better but they don't sound like they are as good.
      I have to say the Z4's have never let me down... Including riding them to the gap (600 miles), doing almost 1000 miles at the gap & surrounding areas, and riding them home again afterwards (another 600 miles). I'm really curious as to whether the Z6's will be better compared back-to-back with the Z4's (new vs. new).

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Those Z4's look just like the Avons I used to have , actaully . Guess I'll pick up some z6's next time I think to .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
          Guess I'll look around again .... I REALLY wanted some Diablos though after hearing AHF and Cyber talking about them . Guess I'll just settle for the Z6's .
          GET THE DIABLOS!

Absolutely, positively go 160/60 and 120/60. I promise you it will be the best thing you ever will do for your Kat if you are looking to do some cornering. These tires are peerless.

Great in the wet, too.

However, if you are not interested in pure sweetness in turn-in and fantastic grip--enough to scrape plastic parts if you want--the in the corners, then you can look at other tires.

Personally, I enjoy the turning part of riding, and I'll sacrifice the mileage for the enjoyment.

Plus...they're pretty cheap. You'd probably get 'em around $90 for the front and maybe $110 for the rear.

Don't settle!

Trust me on this.

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

Originally posted by Junior
            I can't tell you what the Diablo's are like until I pick up my bike next month , but I was thoroughly impressed with the Z6's. Great traction in dry and wet conditions. They didn't slip on me once. They treated me very well in the twisties at the Gap last summer.

I'd recommend them. Plus, I'm pretty sure they'd outlast the Diablo's by 2000 miles.
            Junior, did you get 'em in 160/60 and 120/60? I hope so, man....you will FREAK OUT at how much better your bike behaves.

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

Comment

Well , alright . I was just really leary of going to a "non-stock" size after all the arguments I've heard and all .

Comment

Well , alright . I was just really leary of going to a "non-stock" size after all the arguments I've heard and all .
                DO IT! Trust me on this. 98+ 750? You'll think you're Rossi on the M1.

I had the same reservations about changing tire size. I should have done it years ago. Best move ever.

You're not going to believe the difference.

Comment

Uh , no . 93 750 , stock is 150/70 and 110/80 .

Comment

Uh , no . 93 750 , stock is 150/70 and 110/80 .
                    Ugh. For some reason I thought you had a newer bike. I don't believe that you can go 160 on a 93. Sorry, man.

However, if you can get 'em in a 150 (pretty sure you can) go for the Diablos...they'll blow your mind.

Comment

I was waiting for the famous CP tire info to come up!

Comment

Working...
                      X