X

still another tire question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• still another tire question

What do yall think of the Conti Force-Sport Radial 120/70/17 & 150/70/17 for my 2000 kat750?

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

I am running the Conti-Force on mine and I like them. I don't try to drag my pegs, but I have no complaints about them. They ride pretty smooth and grip good enough for how hard I ride. I have had them up over 100 a couple of times, and no problems.

I am running different sizes than what you listed, but that shouldn't make too much difference with brand questions.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Haven't tried 'em, so I have no comments one way or the other about the Conti's. Should be good in cool weather locations (places where the temps don't hover above 90 degrees most of the day).

Still think the Pirelli Diablo's and the Metzelers are the two best tires for the 98 - 05 Kats (600 & 750).

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I agree with cyber.. and pilots are good too!!

Comment

Heard some very satisfied riders overhere about the Conti's.

Comment

Originally posted by Court93Kat
            I am running the Conti-Force on mine and I like them. I don't try to drag my pegs, but I have no complaints about them. They ride pretty smooth and grip good enough for how hard I ride. I have had them up over 100 a couple of times, and no problems.

I am running different sizes than what you listed, but that shouldn't make too much difference with brand questions.

I have the continental contiforce radials in 160/60 and 120/60 and I love them. I ride really aggressive and drag the pegs often and these tires have never let me down. Warmup is quick and grip is as good as almost any tire ive had. Youll love them. Plus they are cheap....
            Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

everyone is about htoes but i have dunlop GT501's and love them ..thats whats on my rear right now and htey are 166.99 in dennis kirk so you can get them for pob 145 140 back home

Comment

The GT501 was tested ex-equo first place in a mass motortyretest by a professional rider, neutral steering, good grip in rain and dry, comfy and long lifetimeexpectancy were comments for this particular type of tyre.
                Just one BIG disadvantage in my book (since I spoke to CP), they are bias ply not radial, so less safe and since I know this I'll stick to the radial types.

Comment

Originally posted by kwebbel
                  The GT501... one BIG disadvantage in my book (since I spoke to CP), they are bias ply not radial, so less safe and since I know this I'll stick to the radial types.
                  I do remember that tire cut you got during the high-speed turn in the Arden area... you would have never ridden out the turn if they had been bias-ply instead of radials... glad someone remembers

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

humm maybe ill buy a new one this one only has like 20 miles on it too

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                      Originally posted by kwebbel
                      The GT501... one BIG disadvantage in my book (since I spoke to CP), they are bias ply not radial, so less safe and since I know this I'll stick to the radial types.
                      I do remember that tire cut you got during the high-speed turn in the Arden area... you would have never ridden out the turn if they had been bias-ply instead of radials... glad someone remembers

Cheers
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Not even remember Marc, since you told me I tell anyone who wants to know even if they don't

/edit
                      illustration for the safety of a radial tyre...

Comment

Working...
                      X