X

front wheel removal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front wheel removal

how would i take off my front wheel? i have no clue, well one but i want to see what you all have to say before i just start messin with stuff. thanks
    if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

ah well you just unscrew the axel nut and slie it out but i think your gonna have to take off the calipers so you wanna support thoes so you dont have any strain on you lines ..so thake thoes just unbolt ...and hten hang them up wiht some bungi cords and then take it off ...and set forks on a box or some wood so it doesnt go on the ground

Comment

That sounds like it.. You can put the bike on the center stand and block up the front too..

Comment

so center stand and what if i put jack stands under the forks? good?

that is all i thought i had to do, just wasn't sure. thanks guys

Comment

Or get a really nice Pitbull Neck Stand like I got....Comes in really handy like.

Pit Bull produces unbeatable quality motorcycle stands and trailer restraint systems on the market for your sport bikes, dirt bikes, or cruisers. All of our motorcycle stands and motorcycle transport
          1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
          2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
          Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Originally posted by soccersteve
            so center stand and what if i put jack stands under the forks? good?

that is all i thought i had to do, just wasn't sure. thanks guys
            I would take the fairings off. Put the bike on the centerstand. Then put the jackstands on both sides under the frame (next to the oil cooler). Kinda of a poor description but it should make sence after you take the fairings off. I use this method all the time. Its very stable. I dont think putting jackstands under the forks will be stable enough.
            '92 Kat restoration/mod project

Comment

1. put on centerstand, jack stands or a neck stand.
              1-1/2. pull brake pads out of calipers
              2. Pull the calipers off and use a bungie cord to hold them up out of the way. (careful, it is a tight fit)
              3. pull the couter key out of the axle and take the axle nut off of axle.
              4. pull the axle out of forks and wheel(be sure to support the wheel with some thing to avoid dropping it.)
              5. slide the wheel out
              TDA Racing/Motorsports
              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
              Who knows what is next?
              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

TIP:

When you go to put it back in, insert the axle bolt/nut but don't tighten (just barely). With the pincher bolt slghtly loose, compress and release the forks about 5 to 6 times. This should automatically center the forks and the wheel to each other. Now tighten down the axle pincher bolt (first), then the axle bolt/nut to spec.

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

Don't foget the other post you made about support.

This is from Meanstreak...

AMA member # 224227

Comment

yea thanks, i kind of thought they were different topics. but yea, that site's bookmarked. i'll let you know how the stand goes if i make one

Comment

Well I posted the link because if you look, the guy uses jack stands to support the front for easy wheel removal. Just trying to reinforce your plan.
                        AMA member # 224227

Comment

Working...
                        X