X

tires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tires

Ok, I know there have been a lot of posts about tires. I have a pre 98 katana 600 and I've narrowed my tire selection down to either Metzler Z6 front - 120/60 & rear - 150/70, or Bridgestone BT020 front - 120/60 & rear - 150/70. What do you guys think?

i have a dunlop on the back of my 89 750 and i lvoe it i cant think of the name of it right now but its awesome handles great and sticks pretty good and my front tire is the metzler supercomp or something like that, they ran me 150 front and 160 back

Comment

I have Roadtec Z6's on front and rear. So far I've put 5,500 miles on the front and it looks like it should go at least another 2,000. My bike is a lot heavier than a Kat so they should give you a lot of miles. The older Z4's only got me 7,600 on the rear and 6,000 on the front.

Comment

Arsenic,

I would take the Z6 (front and rear, you shouldn't mix manufacturer tires as they are designed to work together, especially in the wet) in your area.

I ride on Pirelli Diablos, but I understand the Z6 is better in the wet, which Chicago has a bit more of.
        AMA member # 224227

Comment

I've got the MZ6s, I've put around 10,000km (6000 miles)s on them so far and they've been great.

I've had no problems with them in the sun or the rain.
          Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by woobie
            I've got the MZ6s, I've put around 10,000km (6000 miles)s on them so far and they've been great.

sorry how do they compare to the MEZ4's

Comment

Yeah, I think I'll go with the Metzlers. There certainly is a lot of rain in my area and the Z6's are said to be really go in wet. Thanks for your input guys.

Comment

Yeah, I think I'll go with the Metzlers. There certainly is a lot of rain in my area and the Z6's are said to be really go in wet. Thanks for your input guys.

Comment

Originally posted by the wind

I couldn't say, I went from Bald Macadams to MZ6s , that was a huge difference let me tell you lol.
                  Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by the wind

The Z6's, I think are geared toward the heavier sport touring bikes. With Z4's I only got 6,000 miles out of the front compared to the approximate 8,000mi I think I'm going to get out of the Z6. I'm at 5,700 now and still going strong on the Z6. The Z4 on the back lasted 7,600mi. I'm not close enough to wearing out the Z6 on the back to say what I'll get out of it.

I've been told the Z6 is a dual composition tire made to last longer in the center and still grip on the sides.

Comment

Z6's are the way to go.

You won't be disappointed. 8)

Comment

Where are you getting them from if I may inquire?
                        Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

more than likely I'll order them from discount motorcycle tires

Comment

more than likely I'll order them from discount motorcycle tires

Comment

Arsenic, you may want to wait on that, as they recently had some issues. (There is a thread about it) Search the tires threads, there are a lot of great dealers that other members have used.

That being said, they are the only online tire store I have used, but it was a year ago. At that time I got good service.
                              AMA member # 224227

Comment

Working...
                              X