X

Raising the handlebars on a Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raising the handlebars on a Kat

Wondering if anyone out there has raised their handlebars on their 600 Katana? I think and adding a few inches of height to the steering head would make all the difference for me.

Tried a search, but it didn't turn up anything pertinent.

Is this an easy mod to do?
    brought to you by the letter S, and the number 1

Check out http://www.convertibars.com/. They are the only place that I have been able to find that sells something specifically for the Kat. I have also heard that you could swap the bar mounts from a 750. The 750 bar mounts are about 3/4 inch (19mm) higher. I know that the 750 mounts are higher, but I can't say for sure if they are interchangeable with the 600 mounts. That may be a question for Keith.

Comment

I have put a 750 upper tripple tree on my 600. You have to change out the brake line from the "T" fitting to the master cylinder because of the height difference. Also, for the upper tree to be mounted properly, you actually have to lower the front of the bike on the fork tubes.

I don't know if you are wanting to raise the bike, or just change the location of the handlebars in relation to the seat for a different riding position.

Hope this helps you with your decision.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
      who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Originally posted by Court93Kat
        I have put a 750 upper tripple tree on my 600. You have to change out the brake line from the "T" fitting to the master cylinder because of the height difference. Also, for the upper tree to be mounted properly, you actually have to lower the front of the bike on the fork tubes.

I don't know if you are wanting to raise the bike, or just change the location of the handlebars in relation to the seat for a different riding position.

I'm just looking to raise the handlebars a bit to achieve a different riding position. Would putting a 750 upper triple tree on my 600 give me more height? Even if I have to lower the front end to accomodate it?
        brought to you by the letter S, and the number 1

Comment

Originally posted by FatBlue
          Originally posted by Court93Kat

I'm just looking to raise the handlebars a bit to achieve a different riding position. Would putting a 750 upper triple tree on my 600 give me more height? Even if I have to lower the front end to accomodate it?

Yes as Court has stated, putting a 750 upper triple tree and handle bar assembly on a 600 is not hard at all. It will give you the desired bar position. Sit on a 750 sometime and see if you like it, cause itll be just like it. Check with specialK, he may have the whole upper assmbly....
          Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

What year 600? In 2003 Suzuki made the triple tree 1/4" wider on the 600. I don't know about the 750. So take that into mind when you are looking for aprts.

Comment

I put the 750 bars on my 600 I think it makes a world of difference, You'll need the top triple clamp, the handle bar riser plate, and the bars. you should also get, the 750 throttle cable, choke cable, clutch cable, and upper brake line.

again check with Special K for the parts, i was able to get most of what I needed from Ebay.

Comment

Working...
              X