X

swing arm question...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swing arm question...

I was wondering how difficult (if at all possible) it would be to take my kat 600 2005 model and replace my swing arm with a 2005 busa. My friend just bought a new extended swing arm and will sell me the busa swing with tire and rim for $75. I figured what the heck, I'll give it a go.

even if that won't fit, buy it anyway and turn around and sell it for some $$$$.

Long Live the D

Comment

If you need a longer swingarm, the '98+ 750 version is 1.5" longer than the '98+ 600. It's also a direct bolt-on. Aside from that, you may want to look into something like Dale Walkers 5" adjustable swingarm extensions.....but they're for a B-12, and I'm not sure about the overall sizing on swingarm tubes and such.

I don't think the 'Busa arm will fit without some pretty decent fabrication, changing bolts, bushing, seals, machining certain areas, etc. But I could be wrong. There have been a couple other topics on this, so maybe do a search?
      FrankenKat 1216
      GS Fiter 816
      GSXR750! (race)

Comment

I'll check it out. I don't really need the extra length or anything like that. I just thought it would look cool. Not to mention I could actually buy a hugger for it without having to search all over the world just to get it. I thought it might be a fun project. I've got a welding machine and a grinder.......we'll see what happens!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X