X

Pre 750 bandit 12 shock

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre 750 bandit 12 shock

Looking for a shock can get rebuilt for 93 kat how does the mk2 b12 shock suit I been reading forum it raises the butt 2 inches.how does it affect handling and is there a year that bolts directly in.

Originally posted by SteveLmk1980 View Post
    Looking for a shock can get rebuilt for 93 kat how does the mk2 b12 shock suit I been reading forum it raises the butt 2 inches.how does it affect handling and is there a year that bolts directly in.
    You can use the b12 shock. When your having it rebuilt, have them shim the shaft to shorten the stroke, that will decrease the total height it raises the rear of the bike. You need to do this so hard parts don't hit on the linkage (shock his the cushion otherwise).

Higher tail means the bike is more responsive and quicker in the turns. I highly prefer the height.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      You can use the b12 shock. When your having it rebuilt, have them shim the shaft to shorten the stroke, that will decrease the total height it raises the rear of the bike. You need to do this so hard parts don't hit on the linkage (shock his the cushion otherwise).

Higher tail means the bike is more responsive and quicker in the turns. I highly prefer the height.

Krey
      Thanks for the reply that great news the original shock is shot

Comment

Working...
      X