X

98 Katana brake lines : 3 or 2?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 Katana brake lines : 3 or 2?

So I had my 98 Suzuki GSX750F MOT'd (UK annual check)

It passed the checks, but an 'advisory' was listed, some of the brake lines are showing evidence of bulging. So time to replace the brake lines.

I will replace back and front lines at the same time, but my question is to the front lines.

The factory setup is to have a single line from the master to a splitter unit which then feeds the left and right calipers.

I have the option of a 3 line unit. A single line from master to splitter unit to two calipers; or

A two line setup. Double banjo at the master and two separate lines to the calipers?

Any advantage other than cost?

I will be replacing what look like original lines with braided. Any brands to avoid?

Originally posted by default View Post
    So I had my 98 Suzuki GSX750F MOT'd (UK annual check)

It passed the checks, but an 'advisory' was listed, some of the brake lines are showing evidence of bulging. So time to replace the brake lines.

I will replace back and front lines at the same time, but my question is to the front lines.

The factory setup is to have a single line from the master to a splitter unit which then feeds the left and right calipers.

I have the option of a 3 line unit. A single line from master to splitter unit to two calipers; or

A two line setup. Double banjo at the master and two separate lines to the calipers?

Any advantage other than cost?

I will be replacing what look like original lines with braided. Any brands to avoid?

No real advantage or disadvantage to either really. Purely preference.

Pretty hard to mess up the braided lines, so no really any worries there. Might wanna check a local hose place for prices, if you have one. I've noticed a lot of times the "motorcycle specific" sales places tend to price them a bit higher. It's all the same stuff though, so...

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks for the help Kreylyn, I think I will give the 2 line option a try.

Comment

Working...
      X