X

89' gsx750f Rear Shock

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89' gsx750f Rear Shock

Hey there, are rear shocks for other models compatible with my bike? or will i have to go with a direct replacement? also, how do i change the preload on the shock i have (if at all possible)

cheers

Originally posted by Danhutch View Post
    Hey there, are rear shocks for other models compatible with my bike? or will i have to go with a direct replacement? also, how do i change the preload on the shock i have (if at all possible)

cheers

There is a lot of threads about pre kats and the shock options, their compatibility, what changes the make, and how to install. A bit of research, using the google search feature will answer that line of questioning.

The preload is on the bottom, you will see a collar with multiple slots in it and a wave grove that progressively steps up or down. You adjust preload by turning that collar. A spanner wrench is generally needed to do this. The stock 750 tool kit would have come with one, but cheap aftermarket ones can be purchased.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
    X