Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Just got '92 GSX-R 1100 shock off ebay. UPDATE: Installed!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kwebbel
    Originally posted by Black_peter
    Originally posted by katana bob
    women that only ride passenger just do not understand the need to constantly upgrade a perfectly good running bike.

trust me I know this for a fact
    Actually my wife suggested I buy a second bike after the Kat is done..
    Just to monkey with

My wife..
    I think I'll keep her
    I guess you should be happy she wants to keep you B-p

/ontopic
    Bamarama tell your wife a brandnew shock would be a lot more expensive and you could'nt resist buying this one cause it's just as good as a new one but waaaaay cheaper ánd a better shock is contributing to more safety and comfort especially while riding with a passenger.
    sounds like your speaking from previous experience there kwebbel :P

i have my own little slush fund that i hoard for my bike..money she knows about but cant get to :P i spend that on my bike... she has her own slush fund too.. for something silly like clothes or something.. something she clearly dosnt need round the home

cheers.joe.

Comment

I can not hide ANY purchases from badbilly...EVERYONE HERE HAS A BIG MOUTH!

Nice find banamamawawawa....and I too like the beer can...anyone think of using a TUNA can?

Comment

i want a new shock just so have an excuse to add a guinness can to my bike!!
        03 katanika

Comment

Originally posted by crazymofo

sounds like your speaking from previous experience there kwebbel :P
          Nope, just have a gf Joe, so I'm still my own boss
          (man if I would have to find excuses for everything I bought for and did too the bike, I'd could make a fortune by writing a book )

Comment

Well I got the shock installed on saturday. In all it took me 4 hours. 30 minutes of removing much more of the fairings than needed. 30 minutes dimantling the battery/box, electrical connections, and one of the shock mount bolts. Then I spent an hour and a half trying to get the bottom shock mount bolt loose cause apparently the last guy to tighten it was King Kong. Alternating WD-40, sockets with extended tube handle, hammers, and lots of cussing eventually got the son of a bitch to come loose. Got the new shock in. Unfortunately it had progressed to nighttime by then, so it took me an hour and a half of fumbling around in the dark to get everything reassembled. Anyways, it's installed now, and rides much nicer than my old shock. I still got some tuning to do on it, but it's definitely an improvement. Next project: Oil/filter change and shift kit.
            What the deuce!?!

Comment

I had a bear getting some of those bolts loose too...
              But did you have to remove the batter box?!?!
              I don't remember doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                I had a bear getting some of those bolts loose too...
                But did you have to remove the batter box?!?!
                I don't remember doing that.
                I don't know if i had to or not. I didn't take off the rear wheel to put it on, i just brought it up from under the seat through where the battery box used to be. It's possible i could have pulled it out through the bottom, but I was curious how everthing was in there and there's no better way to learn than to disassemble and pray you can get it back together with no leftover bolts.

Oh, I mounted the res to the right passenger footpeg for the time being until I can build a bracket.
                What the deuce!?!

Comment

Originally posted by bamarama
                  I don't know if i had to or not. I didn't take off the rear wheel to put it on, i just brought it up from under the seat through where the battery box
                  Ahhhh
                  I had the whole rear end off..
                  Singarm got paint new rear master cylinder and rev.. (98+)
                  so there you go..

there's no better way to learn than to disassemble and pray you can get it back together with no leftover bolts.
                  Yes that's true.. Digital cams come in handy there!

Oh, I mounted the res to the right passenger footpeg for the time being until I can build a bracket.
                  Check out Ragio (sp) ride..
                  He has his mounted on the braket under the left side panel.
                  I tried that but
                  a. I couldn't get the hose to run right

b. wanted the res to show..

Comment

Working...
                  X