X

$1 spacer fork mod - PVC or ABS?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $1 spacer fork mod - PVC or ABS?

Would it be better to use ABS or PVC for the fork mod?

1.5" white pipe.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

PVC won't deteriorate being exposed to the fork oil?

Comment

Mine haven't yet, and none of the forks I've used that as spacers for seem to have any issues.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

ABS, on the other hand, will soften when exposed to petro-chemical compounds. Too much exposure tends to turn it to goo.
          Disclaimer: If what I say seems condescending to you, it's probably not. I don't know (or care) if someone already knows something I'm saying, because for every person that does know, 100 lurkers may not. No offense is intended, but feel free to take it.

2001 Katana 750 'fighter build in progress

Comment

OK then, PVC it is. My home depot only 10 foot sections of 1.5" (imagine trying to ride that home! ), but I'll check some other stores.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jamesm113 View Post
              OK then, PVC it is. My home depot only 10 foot sections of 1.5" (imagine trying to ride that home! ), but I'll check some other stores.

Thanks!
              Take a razor knife with you, cut it into 5 2' sections and strap them across the pillion on the bike with a bungee. Take it easy riding home.

You could also cut it into 2 5' sections and slide them under the tail grab then pin them down on the seat, but I'm not sure if there's 1.5" under the tail grab. Mine's not on and I don't think we have the same tail anyway.
              Disclaimer: If what I say seems condescending to you, it's probably not. I don't know (or care) if someone already knows something I'm saying, because for every person that does know, 100 lurkers may not. No offense is intended, but feel free to take it.

Comment

Or you could just use this magical thing called a car
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                  Or you could just use this magical thing called a car
                  People still have those?

I use my car for as little as possible. And when everyone else needs a truck, that's when I use the car.

That was a trip to GA to pick up a VF700 Powered '91 EZGO. Pic from Tennessee outside Wendy's on the Lee Highway.

Comment

Actually, I got OSH to sell it by the foot. they cut a foot off their pipe for me.

Now just to figure out how to get a nice smooth even cut to make 1" or .5" pieces...

Comment

Originally posted by jamesm113 View Post
                      Actually, I got OSH to sell it by the foot. they cut a foot off their pipe for me.

Now just to figure out how to get a nice smooth even cut to make 1" or .5" pieces...
                      Thought I'd ad to an old thread. A pipe cutter works perfectly for this.

Comment

Working...
                      X