No announcement yet.
X

Brake Pad suggestions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have EBC HH pad in the rear brake, its doing a high sound and I've afraid that has scractched the rotor I'm certain that pad has "glazed" this is the reason of the sound and sracteched the rotor.
    I've ordered an organic good aftermarket brasilian brand and I'll change just to see if the problem was really the pad ( Just for reference brake fluid and hose its new )

Its strange why have "glazed" since EBC HH its the top pad in the marked I'm using also in front brake and all its fine

There is any register about problems with EBC HH at Katanas rear brakes???

Thank you guys

Comment

Yeah, the reason you are getting a "sound" is simple. With EBC rear pads, you are not supposed to use the OEM shim that goes behind the pads. I know EBC doesn't tell you that, and it hasn't been mentioned here for years. But The Cyberpoet used to say that all the time a few years back.

Comment

Thank you very much for you help my friend.
        I'll take out the shim and try pass sandpaper in the pad let's see if works if not I'll use the organic one that I have bought since I saw that use EBC HH on the frond and organic in the rear its okay
        I've also ordered a Michelin Pilot Road 2 - 150/70 I have searched here and sound to be the best and should be very better than Maxxis that came with the bike when I bought

THIS FORUM ITS REALLY AMAZING

Comment

I run maxxis tyres, faultless traction in the dry and confidence in the wet and 4,500 miles for the rear with some very hard riding! Reason for this post is cos I changed my mind about ferodo pads. Due to being pulled out on (again!), I had my 750 stood up firmly on her nose waving the rear wheel in the air and the pads avoided me crashing. I take back anything bad I said about ferodo cos they worked perfectly when it counted!
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X